about me

New to DCAWD? Looking for someone, see someone, found a spotted card or just want to say hi? Come on in!

Moderator: Moderators

Cereb Daithi
DCAWD Groupie

about me

Post by Cereb Daithi »

well it is 3:04am... i have nary a thing to do and it occured to me that most of the members have probably seen posts by me and though "who the hell is this guy"..

well if you havent already figured out, im north of you guys located in the back-woods of PA. Julian and I were suppoused to swap hoods and it ended up not working out, so he recommended i venture into the DCAWD forums to bug you old guys... trouble is you guys keep me quite entertained and are a very nice maturity upgrade from the flame wars on nasioc. so i cant seem to pry myself away from these forums

yes... im a youngin'... still months away from the age of 20. if you have seen my avatar and some of my posts you have probably gathered i'm very into music.. i blame genetics... im the son of a professional musician and an art teacher/musician... spent most of my young life as a jazz musician playing with some of the greats. by 7th grade i was already playing on stage with seasoned professionals.. continued that until high school.. then i discovered techno..... so now im currently a full time "self-employed" musician (aka. poor starving artist) dealing mainly with psy-trance, house, goa, and industrial. current projects include a remix for an album to be released in Europe later this year.

as for my "AWD" status.. i bought a 2005 Impreza 2.5RS back in november of 2004.. instantly fell in love.... and have been wishing i got an STi ever since.. i keep telling myself i dont need it... but then i talk to jerks like you and see how much you enjoy them.. *sigh* so much for that...

currently the only things I have done to the car are a set of Prodrive P7s on the car along with partially debadging the trunk... if all goes according to plan i should have an STi hood on the car by early june. (havent decided on if i want to turbo it or not).. im obviously not much of a gearhead.. the fact that i try to buy a new computer every few months keeps me away from excessive car mods.. at least it's safer.
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Re: about me

Post by Sabre »

Cereb Daithi wrote: trouble is you guys keep me quite entertained and are a very nice maturity upgrade from the flame wars on nasioc. so i cant seem to pry myself away from these forums
... the fact that i try to buy a new computer every few months keeps me away from excessive car mods.. at least it's safer.
3:51 here :)

Thanks for the great intro! I consider the first sentance a HUGE complement to us! We're always happy to have someone like you join! Recently, you and Chuck (Libre Monkey) have really become part of the group!

I know EXACTLY what you mean about computers... I have a few myself :oops:
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
chicken n waffles

Post by chicken n waffles »

i think we're all in I.T. in some form or another.

dcawd is a great group of down to earth car nuts ranging from fanatical mad scientist types (watch colin take his car apart bolt by bolt until it's an unrecognizable pile of metal to install something for which he needs zero instructions) to the tinkering armchair mechanic types like... me. all good people.

by the way, have you OONTZ'ed today?
-Ben
Katya4me
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Katya4me »

chicken n waffles wrote:i think we're all in I.T. in some form or another.
I'm not. :D
Libra Monkee

Post by Libra Monkee »

Katya4me wrote:
Well the vast majority of us are. Car nerds, computer geeks, video game dorks, and heavy drinkers that about sums up DCAWD. ;)

Libra Monkee- "Helping DCAWD meet its Equal Opportunity requirement since 2006."
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by complacent »

^^^ I resemble that!

<---can't stop watching teh lego oontz video.
colin

a tank, a yammie, a spaceship
i <3 teh 00ntz
Katya4me
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Katya4me »

Libra Monkee wrote:
Katya4me wrote:
Well the vast majority of us are. Car nerds, computer geeks, video game dorks, and heavy drinkers that about sums up DCAWD. ;)
I'll agree w/ you there. :D And I think Julian would say I am lying what w/ my car history. I just don't work in computers. I'll skip the heavy drinking and video games though. :)
GeneralGrievous
I'm starting to be a post wh0re

Post by GeneralGrievous »

And of course no I.T. here either.. just your friendly neighborhood pastry chef (who's brain sees equations like 1 wedding cake+1bridal shower cake=1 cobb accessport+1downpipe)

:wink:
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Katya4me wrote: I'll agree w/ you there. :D And I think Julian would say I am lying what w/ my car history. I just don't work in computers. I'll skip the heavy drinking and video games though. :)
Ya, you are a car nerd ;)
GeneralGrievous wrote:And of course no I.T. here either.. just your friendly neighborhood pastry chef (who's brain sees equations like 1 wedding cake+1bridal shower cake=1 cobb accessport+1downpipe)

:wink:
lol, someday I will want to organize a trade of some sort for those services ;)
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

chicken n waffles wrote: by the way, have you OONTZ'ed today?
I think I prefer Safe sex :shock:
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Katya4me
DCAWD Groupie

Re: about me

Post by Katya4me »

Cereb Daithi wrote: well if you havent already figured out, im north of you guys located in the back-woods of PA.
Where in PA? I went to school in Lancaster.
Cereb Daithi
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Cereb Daithi »

im out near the monroeville area
Katya4me
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Katya4me »

Cereb Daithi wrote:im out near the monroeville area
Ah, OK. Yeah, you're a little far away. :)
GeneralGrievous
I'm starting to be a post wh0re

Post by GeneralGrievous »

lol, someday I will want to organize a trade of some sort for those services

Sounds good to me. And congratulations................someday :wink:
Libra Monkee

Post by Libra Monkee »

sabre wrote:
chicken n waffles wrote: by the way, have you OONTZ'ed today?
I think I prefer Safe sex :shock:

I <3 sluts!!

Libra Monkee- "Helping DCAWD meet its Equal Opportunity requirement since 2006."
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

Feel like driving down to Aberdeen when we have our autoX class? We all could hang out a bit before making our way back to the real world.
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears
Cereb Daithi
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Cereb Daithi »

as in aberdeen, maryland? hah. i used to hang out at the army proving grounds there all the time.. its where i bought this puppy.

(dont worry it is legal for me to have it)

when are the autoX classes?
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Never, they were cancelled! :shock:

;) June 13th I believe...
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

at almost 20 you should stay away from the STi. I'm super cereal. that car is way too powerful. spend some time getting to know yourself and getting better as a driver. you'll have plenty of time to upgrade your car (either the one you have or a new one in the future). I know this is the same stuff you hear whenever the subject of age and the STi comes up, but that's because it's true. you have AWD and the boxer rumble. that's more than most "tuners" have. :wink:
Cereb Daithi
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Cereb Daithi »

haha no argument. i know i can be quite the asshole driver at times. while i do consider myself mature for my age... i suffer the young male driving attitude :( .. my next car will definetly be AWD.. but im not sure if it will be an STi or something with more money put into the luxury and class... and not the engine