Matt! Turbo inlet pipe questions!!!!

2.0, 2.5, NA, FI, it's all good in here

Moderator: Moderators

DamSedan
I walk to work

Matt! Turbo inlet pipe questions!!!!

Post by DamSedan »

Ordered a gp moto inlet pipe the other day and should have it by the end of the week. What problems did you have with yours? I remember you saying something about one of the connector holes being too large or something like that. Was this one that was made for a WRX and not the sti? Is there a difference or was there back when you got yours?

For those that do not know, the DRNWAGN is at Hillmoth waiting for Andrew to come back from vacation. I have a cracked oil supply line to my turbo. This is in the lower portion and will require removing the intake manifold, tmic, coolant res, inlet pipe, maybe a fuel line and finally the oil line! The part is only $90 but the labor is going to be about $600! None the less, since the intake manifold is coming out I figured I would get a new inlet pipe and throw it in there just for GP (no punn intended). Should have the car back on the road by Tuesday or so.
I will always be the DRNWAGN!
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Dude, that sucks! Sorry to hear about the problems. Any idea what caused it?

Couldn't be with a better guy though, I have heard nothing bu good things about Andrew.
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
DamSedan
I walk to work

Post by DamSedan »

I never actually tuched the lower portion of this line. However, you have to connect the upper portion to the turbo. All I can think of is that when I was connecting it I may have bent it or something causing a small crack. Over time it has grown to the point that it is now dripping oil all over the place! I got lucky I caught it in time or else things could have been much worse.
I will always be the DRNWAGN!