Piles of parts

2.0, 2.5, NA, FI, it's all good in here

Moderator: Moderators

GVR4-308
I walk to work

Piles of parts

Post by GVR4-308 »

So I think I just about have everything I need now... except maybe a garage to work in. :(

My new engine: (4G63 6 bolt)

HKS 272 intake and exhaust cams, along with ferrea dual valve springs and titanium retainers, and ferrea oversized valves.

Head has been ported and polished, extrude honed. D shaped exhaust ports along with ARP manifold bolts.

Bolted down to the block with ARP hardware.

New Cam gears all lined up and ready to go.

Unorthodox racing lightweight pulleys

Moroso Oil Pan

Other parts you can't see:
JE 8.5:1 forged pistons hanging on billet crower rods, knife-edged crank.

Other parts hanging around. (AEM EMS, wideband O2 sensor, other Sensors and such, gauges, spark pugs, wires, new belts and tensioners all around, metal head gasket, 720 cc injectors... some other stuff)

And some more... (4 bolt rear end which includes rear diff, axels, and cups, and a 3 inch intake and filter)

I think I might have gotten a little crazy here.... especially since most of this stuff is sitting in my bedroom. :roll:
Jack
ElZorro
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by ElZorro »

Awesome. :) Have fun. If you need help, I know which end of a bolt the nut goes on...
Jason "El Zorro" Fox
'17 Subaru Forester 2.0XT
DCAWD - old coots in fast scoots.
WANGAN_X
DCAWD Groupie

Post by WANGAN_X »

merry christmas to you :D if you have a need to part with any of that stuff let me know. Unfortunately I have had a bad experience with ARP bolts. other than that looks like you should be able to be well over 400 whp
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by complacent »

ummm omghai2u (the motor)

Very nice. can't wait to hear about dyno time..... and all that comes with it. :twisted:
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Um, WOW. I think I just popped... Nice stuff there! Whenever you decide to start throwing the wrench in, let me know :) We've been talking about doing a install fest (at a real garage) and this would seem like a great car to have with us!

P.S. I wannna ride!!!!!!
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
GVR4-308
I walk to work

Post by GVR4-308 »

lol, I wanna ride too!

Yeah, I really would enjoy the learning experience and having the joy and frustration of touching everything to make sure it's right, but with only a driveway to do work on, and it getting kinda cold and crappy outside... it is more likely that I'll look for a shop to do a lot of the work. It depends on what types of costs I'll be looking at and if I can find a place I trust... as well as how patient I can be while falling asleep with this beast in my room. :twisted:
Jack