Big props for a college student

New to DCAWD? Looking for someone, see someone, found a spotted card or just want to say hi? Come on in!

Moderator: Moderators

zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Big props for a college student

Post by zaxrex »

I was driving back from Dulles from 7 to 495- 95S behind an '04 WRBWRX who was following a red 3000GT. WRX guy had glasses and NOVA stickers, wing and single tip ex.

We kept up with the old GT driver when it was safe to do so and had lots of respect for the other traffic on the road.

All too often I see the younger gen (like the guy in the white Mitsu MR) lane dive, brake check, and drive like overall 'tards.

Although the Suby driver changed lanes more than I thoght was necessary (I stayed in the same one for 20+ miles and we both got down to the mixing bowl at the same time), he did it with turn signals, no abrupt steering inputs and always when there was ample space to change lanes.

I'd welcome a drive with you anythime.

Z
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by complacent »

It's refreshing and reassuring when you catch a glimpse of some humanity and common sense behind the wheel. Good story and I can completely relate. Far too often someone lets their right foot (and their nuts) get in the way of "what is realistic, cautious and fun" - That's when the news reports of another ricer killing a busload of speds ends up in the paper.

Thx for the post, I know how cool an experience like that can be. Good times. :)
colin

a tank, a yammie, a spaceship
i <3 teh 00ntz
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

I'm always glad to hear about drivers like this too. All too often, people get caught up in the moment and end up hurting someone :(
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.