How much brake fluid?

Feeling the bumps in the Forester or wanting more, look here

Moderator: Moderators

Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

I'd like to do it this week if at all possible. I REALLY need to get my headers done as well. No UP install, just swaping the headers.
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

I'll be out of town this weekend. :( the weekend of the 18th is wide
open...

/crossesfingersforhelpinstallingbrakeupgradesandsprings
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Mr Kleen wrote:I'll be out of town this weekend. :( the weekend of the 18th is wide
open...

/crossesfingersforhelpinstallingbrakeupgradesandsprings
Worst case senerio, I can help you out the week after :)
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
drwrx
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by drwrx »

No word from either of the places I e-mailed about the lines and speed bleeders. I may just have to order the lines and hope they work. I'm deffinately not ordering speed bleeders until i know i can get the right ones.
sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

sabre wrote:
bluscooby23 wrote:Thanks Z. :(

*Lights $40 on fire*
Mind if I grab that lighter from ya? <Grabs his cash too>
Yeah, I got a torch made from burning cash at my house...I will lend it to you. :wink:
2004 SG Model A PearlBlackObsidian (RIP)
2008 SG Model D BlueRallyWorld

"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story." -Barney Stinson
"Nothing shuts my pie-hole but pie." -Shawn Spencer
drwrx
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by drwrx »

I got my response. The Goodridge work for both brembos and stock WRX, he couldn't tell me why the Techna Fit wouldn't, but he knew the Goodridge did. Also, no luck on the speed bleeders, they don't sell them the way I need them except as a special order and thus an extra $32 to the price, I passed. I also picked up a litre of super blue, so I'm good to go as long as they get here in time for the install fest! When is that again? And where? Maybe I could do my short shifter than too!
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

drwrx wrote:When is that again? And where? Maybe I could do my short shifter than too!
I'm pretty sure it's the weekend of March 18. :wink:
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by complacent »

My parts should be here by the 8th, so I'll be ready for this weekend or whenever.
colin

a tank, a yammie, a spaceship
i <3 teh 00ntz
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

drwrx wrote:Yep, called (no answer) and e-mailed (no response yet)
Yeah Darrin has a much harder job since the rears on the 02-03 changed around, but I think that was mostly the pads, not the calipers.

I'd talk to Jamie "subarupartsgirl" (Annapolis Subaru now working at Gleen Burnie) on nasioc, she is good with aftermarket fittings & stock stuff.
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

I received a nice note from David saying that mine had shipped yesterday too :) UPS says: "Your package is in the UPS system and is on time with a scheduled delivery date of 03/08/2006."

I might be doing my headers this weekend, so maybe we should wait on the brakes till next weekend so Gabe and jump in on the fun too.

Colin : Any interest in doing the short shifters together this weekend? Mine should be in sometime this week.
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

my new EBC pads should be delivered on Friday (thanks, Will :wink: ) but the new front 4pots aren't scheduled for delivery until Monday, so even if I was in town this weekend, I would have to wait for my install.

I may have enough stuff to keep me busy all day: new front calipers, new rear rotors, and springs all around. 8)
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

So are we going to do installs this Saturday and the next? lol
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

Yeah, I still have my slotted and drilled rotors (front and rear), EBC red pads (front and rear), and my FSTi springs that need to go on. Where is the best place to get alignment done on my vehicle for cheap after I install the springs (note: only 1" drop)?

"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story." -Barney Stinson
drwrx
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by drwrx »

I would say next saturday the 18th. I'm not certain I will have mine by friday, as I made the purchase yesterday. To bad, sice this weekend is supposed to be awesome, 70 degrees and sunny!

The next obvious question is where? I can offer up my car port, but it's only good for one car at a time. We can probably do short shifters in the driveway.
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

I watched a Kartboy SS install and all it took was a small 2x4, a mallet, and 5 minutes.
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Mr Kleen wrote:I watched a Kartboy SS install and all it took was a small 2x4, a mallet, and 5 minutes.
5 minutes?!?!?! I was expecting atleast an hour with all of the bushings and such!

Well, we can do some work at my place for anyone interested this weekend and maybe at Darrin's next weekend?
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

I know Spaz has lotsa room out at his place, and he should be back by then.

Hint
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

He's probably not checking the boards, but if he is... ;)
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

no bushings on the install of the SS. I heard the bushings are a PITA but I've no real complaints with the stock ones. would make a bigger difference in an older car I think, but if you have them might as well put them in. but a Subaru will never shift as smoothly as a BMW, Honda, or Miata...
drwrx
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by drwrx »

It depends on the bushings. If it's just the "shifter" bushings, it's easy. If your talking about the "linkage" bushings (of which, I think, there are 4) now that's gonna be a pain.
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

drwrx wrote:It depends on the bushings. If it's just the "shifter" bushings, it's easy. If your talking about the "linkage" bushings (of which, I think, there are 4) now that's gonna be a pain.
Ding ding ;) I just looked up the directions... they say 1.5 hours... going to be "fun", haha.
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by complacent »

It's going to be WAY too nice not too. If ppl don't end up meeting up I might just attempt my springs. We'll see.
colin

a tank, a yammie, a spaceship
i <3 teh 00ntz
sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

www.scoobymods.com

If you can't find install instructions for your specific vehicle you can usually find one from another that will work.

drwrx
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by drwrx »

I got My lines and fluid! I can do the install saturday! Anyone else?
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

I recevied mine as well... BUT, I need to call them. On my box, it says "2001 WRX DOT BRAKE LINE KIT" :( :wtf:
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI