Hey everyone!

New to DCAWD? Looking for someone, see someone, found a spotted card or just want to say hi? Come on in!

Moderator: Moderators

StephaniesWRX
Resident C.B.

Hey everyone!

Post by StephaniesWRX »

This is really late, but I guess better late than never.....

My name is Stephanie. I live northwest of Baltimore in Westminster, otherwise known as the middle of nowhere. I was raised around cars, my parents had a performance shop, and I know TONS about cars, and not just Subaru's. I used to tune my own car when it had a Utec on it, and I have also tuned my friends' cars that had AEM or TEC on it.

I have a silver 2003 WRX that has a carbon fiber hood (with an STi scoop) and a carbon fiber lip. I also have full exhaust, a boost controller, autometer boost gauge, and a greddy egt gauge.

My car used to be really fast, but it's not anymore.....that's another story though.

Anyhow, enough about me. I'll see everyone on Thursday.

Stephanie
I am the coat bitch.
chicken n waffles

Post by chicken n waffles »

see you there. i'll be the lone baja representation.
-Ben
spazegun2213
teh Spaz

Re: Hey everyone!

Post by spazegun2213 »

welcome!!! are are car lovers as well so i think you'll fit right in!!!
96 328, heated leather seats... ummm

Gone But not forgotten
'05 Black Sti, the car that started it all
84 944, my first race car.. what a pos
83 944.. 150hp of FURY, Rookie of the year chariot
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by complacent »

welcome Steph! So when are you getting your shoulder done?
colin

a tank, a yammie, a spaceship
i <3 teh 00ntz
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

bluscooby23 wrote:welcome Steph! So when are you getting your shoulder done?
yeah, don't show up with an incomplete shoulder... :?: :? :?:
sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

Mr Kleen wrote:
bluscooby23 wrote:welcome Steph! So when are you getting your shoulder done?
yeah, don't show up with an incomplete shoulder... :?: :? :?:
:lol: :lol: :lol: The "mysterious incomplete shoulder"!!!!

Oh, and welcome!
2004 SG Model A PearlBlackObsidian (RIP)
2008 SG Model D BlueRallyWorld

"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story." -Barney Stinson
"Nothing shuts my pie-hole but pie." -Shawn Spencer
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

Colin knows all about shoulder work, maybe he can fill us in on our new mystery member... :wink:

welcome to the group!
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by complacent »

She was at the last D & B meet, we talked about shoulder injuries. She's going to have a reconstruction similar to what I went through on my shoulder. And she drove like 70+ miles to get there.
colin

i <3 teh 00ntz
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

wow 70 miles? that deserves a beer! but then she wouldn't be able to drive back... DOH!

I thought maybe we had another tattoo fan in the club, but when Colin's name came up I was afraid we had another gimp. :wink:

/jokes&jokes&jokes&jokes
drwrx
DCAWD Founding Member

Re: Hey everyone!

Post by drwrx »

StephaniesWRX wrote:I used to tune my own car when it had a Utec on it, and I have also tuned my friends' cars that had AEM or TEC on it.
You have my respect! I helped road tune a car with a TEC II system on it many years ago and it was a major PIA.
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Hey Stephanie :) Welcome to the boards! I'll be replying to your PM in a few... seems like THOUSANDS of posts to catch up on here!
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

sabre wrote:Hey Stephanie :) Welcome to the boards! I'll be replying to your PM in a few... seems like THOUSANDS of posts to catch up on here!
come on now, I haven't been posting THAT much... :rolllaugh:
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by complacent »

yea it's only up to like 70 or so a day, isn't it? I mean he should have written "hundreds" and not "thousands" sheesh, what a jerk! :rolllaugh:
colin

i <3 teh 00ntz
StephaniesWRX
Resident C.B.

Post by StephaniesWRX »

Mr Kleen wrote:wow 70 miles? that deserves a beer! but then she wouldn't be able to drive back... DOH!

I thought maybe we had another tattoo fan in the club, but when Colin's name came up I was afraid we had another gimp. :wink:

/jokes&jokes&jokes&jokes

Believe me, I got a beer after all that. For some odd reason it's closer for me to drive to Springfield than to Rockville. And I drove back fine thank you very much. :D

I do have tattoos.......And I guess that I am kind of a gimp like Colin is...
I tore my labrum (the sheath around your rotator cuff), and need to have my acromion (this boney spur thing in your ball and socket) shaved. I'm going to have my surgery sometime in April cause my worker's compensation adjuster is taking forever to make her mind up. That's okay, I'm probably going to spend the summer at Rehobeth beach (with my parents) since I don't have anyone here to take care of me after the surgery, except for my bitchy roommate. I swear, damn shifting shoulder. I refuse to have an automatic though.

I suppose that myself with my incomplete shoulder will see you all on Thursday, and someone better buy me a beer for my drive!! (Just kidding, but I won't refuse one).

Stephanie
I am the coat bitch.
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

StephaniesWRX wrote:That's okay, I'm probably going to spend the summer at Rehobeth beach (with my parents) since I don't have anyone here to take care of me after the surgery, except for my bitchy roommate. I swear, damn shifting shoulder. I refuse to have an automatic though.
DCAWD takes care of it's own. we can shuffle you around to different couches throughout the DC metro area if you need aftercare. :wink: anybody that has serious shoulder injuries and still refuses an automatic deserves a helping hand in my book.

well, so long as they aren't bear molesters. those sickos deserve no help what so evar. :rolllaugh:
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by complacent »

Man this is all heading south quick. First I'm not considered on of the tattoo'd (even though I AM), then I'm a gimp (!!!) and now it's a bear molesting sico??!?!

How do you know the bear didn't make the first move, eh??? :oops:
colin

i <3 teh 00ntz
drwrx
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by drwrx »

If you can't malign the character of your friends, what's the point in having any?
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

bluscooby23 wrote:Man this is all heading south quick. First I'm not considered on of the tattoo'd (even though I AM), then I'm a gimp (!!!) and now it's a bear molesting sico??!?!

sorry, when I think of shoulders and Colin I think "gimp."

but not in a bad way. :wink:

you've got ink? guess I should check out your myspace page sometime... :lol:
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

drwrx wrote:If you can't malign the character of your friends, what's the point in having any?
SO true :)
Mr Kleen wrote:
bluscooby23 wrote:Man this is all heading south quick. First I'm not considered on of the tattoo'd (even though I AM), then I'm a gimp (!!!) and now it's a bear molesting sico??!?!

sorry, when I think of shoulders and Colin I think "gimp."

but not in a bad way. :wink:

you've got ink? guess I should check out your myspace page sometime... :lol:
lol, he's not the only one ;)
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
spazegun2213
teh Spaz

Post by spazegun2213 »

StephaniesWRX wrote: I suppose that myself with my incomplete shoulder will see you all on Thursday, and someone better buy me a beer for my drive!! (Just kidding, but I won't refuse one).
Spoken in true DCAWD form..

I guess I'll have to wait until i get back to see this incomplete sholder. Either way, you are my hero for driving a stick while having your sholder messed up. I know how painful that is!!
96 328, heated leather seats... ummm

Gone But not forgotten
'05 Black Sti, the car that started it all
84 944, my first race car.. what a pos
83 944.. 150hp of FURY, Rookie of the year chariot
StephaniesWRX
Resident C.B.

Post by StephaniesWRX »

Mr Kleen wrote:
DCAWD takes care of it's own. we can shuffle you around to different couches throughout the DC metro area if you need aftercare. :wink: anybody that has serious shoulder injuries and still refuses an automatic deserves a helping hand in my book.

well, so long as they aren't bear molesters. those sickos deserve no help what so evar. :rolllaugh:

Wait, wait. Colin, what happened with the bear? Were you lonely up in Canadia and needed some loving? :shock: I absolutely refuse to drive an automatic, but I'm a little bit of a hike from DC.....
spazegun2213 wrote: Spoken in true DCAWD form..

I guess I'll have to wait until i get back to see this incomplete sholder. Either way, you are my hero for driving a stick while having your sholder messed up. I know how painful that is!!
There's really not much to see about the shoulder, except that it's really swollen and hurts like hell. Especially after driving for more than 15 minutes. I think a beer or two at the meet ought to fix it though. :D

Can't wait to see everyone tomorrow!!! :)

Stephanie
I am the coat bitch.