2013 Dodge Charger AWD Sport

Non-technical forum for other car makes. Good example: VW fan sites.

Moderator: Moderators

Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

2013 Dodge Charger AWD Sport

Post by Sabre »

Torque

Winter is upon us and Dodge has just unveiled the 2013 Dodge Charger AWD Sport, which brings all-wheel-drive, more power and unique styling to the Charger lineup. Building on the success of the rear-wheel drive and blacked-out styled Dodge Charger Blacktop, the new 2013 Dodge Charger AWD Sport gets a Gloss Black split-crosshair grille, Gloss Black accented 19-inch aluminum wheels, steering-wheel mounted paddle shifters with sport-mode, rear spoiler, sport seats and Beats Audio. The 3.6L V6 also gets more power and for buyers that want even more power, the 5.7L V8 is available as well.

"With the instant success of the sinister-styled Charger Blacktop, the new Charger AWD Sport delivers a similar aggressive look with the added capability of all-wheel drive," said Reid Bigland, President and CEO- Dodge Brand. "The new Charger AWD Sport offers the unmistakable combination of up to 370 horsepower, the most sophisticated all-wheel-drive system in its class, best-in-class V-6 fuel efficiency, and a style that sets it apart from any other car on the road, all at an amazing value."

The 2013 Dodge Charger AWD Sport is powered by a 3.6-liter Pentastar V-6 engine - now with 300 horsepower thanks to the addition of a new sport-tuned dual exhaust system and cold-air induction system. The V6 version is rated at 18/27 mpg. For drivers who demand even more performance, the legendary 5.7-liter HEMI V-8 engine with 370 horsepower, 395 lb-ft of torque is available.

Dodge Charger AWD Sport (based on SXT) $32,690
Dodge Charger AWD Sport (based on SXT Plus) $34,690
Dodge Charger AWD Sport (based on R/T) $33,690
Dodge Charger AWD Sport (based on R/T Plus) $35,690
Ok, color me impressed. I want to know more about the AWD system, but this thing has potential! Looks are not half bad, it has lots of go juice (hopefully it doesn't weigh in at 8k lbs), is AWD, and priced decently. This might be the second (Viper being first) vehicle I'd want to own from them!
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Re: 2013 Dodge Charger AWD Sport

Post by complacent »

meh, they've been big, heavy pigs with very little visibility. not my cup of tea.
colin

a tank, a yammie, a spaceship
i <3 teh 00ntz
PGT
DCAWD Groupie

Re: 2013 Dodge Charger AWD Sport

Post by PGT »

The V6/8sp combo is the sweet spot. Base V6 and hemi get the WA580 5sp. Not a bad transmission. (Old Mercedes design).

My 300c SRT8 and Wrangler use the WA580 while our BMW uses the same ZF 8HP45 as the SXT+ trim of the Charger V6.
2013 BMW 328i M Sport with 8sp in Estoril Blue II
2012 Chrysler 300C SRT8 - Always bet on black
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Edition, otherwise known as the MW3 (and badass)