The place for technology related posts.

Moderator: Moderators

Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Mega-cool audio reality costume

Post by Sabre »

EETimes

http://www.youtube.com/?v=osi5EKRC0Eg[/video]
I hate the people at Think Geek, because they keep on coming up with things I never knew I wanted (until I see them) and that I cannot afford.

I just received their monthly email newsletter (note to self: "Unsubscribe from that $%^# newsletter because it tempts you and you are a weak man…")

The very first thing I saw was something called the Mega Stomp Panic Audio Reality Costume. This is a sound effects unit controlled by an accelerometer gizmo so the effects are synchronized to your walking. There are a couple of cool robot-like effects (I must admit that I have a soft spot for the Steampunk Robot sound). However, the one I really liked is when it sounds like you are splashing through puddles.

I can so imagine myself walking around with this for Halloween. But "NO!" I must be strong…

But wait, there's more, because I next saw something called the Battle Mug. OMG! If you read the description you discover that this starts life as a 13.5 pound solid block of 6061 T6 billet aluminum before it enters a state of the art CNC facility in Huntsville, Alabama. (Hang on... I LIVE in Huntsville, Alabama... Hmmm, I wonder who is making these little scamps...)

Good grief. You have to admit that this is a beer mug to end all beer mugs. As they say on the Think Geek website: "Built to military specifications, Battle Mug features a M1913 rail interface system which allows you to mount a tactical light, laser device, holographic sight (AKA beer goggles) or even a bayonet for close quarters, high risk operations. A standard issue M4 carry handle is included."

At $223.99 this is something very few people are going to "splash the cash" for (and I'm certainly not one of their number). I agree with the person who commented on the Think Geek site: "I don't think I would spend my hard earned cash on one of these, but I would be thrilled to receive one as a gift."

I too would be thrilled to receive one of these little beauties as a gift (just on the off-chance you were wondering what to buy me for my next Birthday present :-)
Ok, I admit it... I want it.... shocker, I know...
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Re: Mega-cool audio reality costume

Post by complacent »

haha, that's great!
colin

a tank, a yammie, a spaceship
i <3 teh 00ntz
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Bought one for my nephew for Xmas :)
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
GaToR
DCAWD Groupie

Post by GaToR »

Sabre wrote:Bought one for my nephew for Xmas :)
Sure.... 'for the nephew.'

:lol:
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

It might need to be tested beforehand.... haha
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by complacent »

GaToR wrote:
Sabre wrote:Bought one for my nephew for Xmas :)
Sure.... 'for the nephew.'

colin

a tank, a yammie, a spaceship
i <3 teh 00ntz