2014 Nissan GT-R Gets Updates

Non-technical forum for other car makes. Good example: VW fan sites.

Moderator: Moderators

Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

2014 Nissan GT-R Gets Updates

Post by Sabre »

Torque

Nissan is adding some more updates to the 2014 GT-R supercar, which goes on sale early next year. The new updates are expected to increase the performance and improve the GT-R's ride and handling. Notable modifications include improved engine response in both the mid- and upper-rpm rev range, increased body rigidity, and specification changes to the shock absorbers, springs and front stabilizer. As a result, the vehicle's overall performance is dramatically increased, high-speed stability improved and ride quality is more refined.

The engine's performance has been improved thanks to the incorporation of high-output injectors that more precisely control fuel injection improve mid-range engine response and acceleration at higher rpms. A specially-developed orifice to the relief valve have been added to the turbocharger bypass, which will suppress the rapid decrease of the forced injection pressure, helping to sustain acceleration at high rpms. Nissan has also added a specially-designed baffle plate to the oil pan to better stabilize the oil pressure at high speeds.

To improve the GT-R's handling, Nissan engineers lowered the vehicle's center of gravity in accordance with the deflection of the suspension bushings and tires. The specifications of the shock absorbers and front stabilizer have also been modified. Reinforcements were also added at two locations in the dash panel bar and instrument panel member , resulting in improved suspension performance and increased body rigidity.
I'd love a ride in a new one :)
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
thermobox
DCAWD Founding Member

Re: 2014 Nissan GT-R Gets Updates

Post by thermobox »

I'd be alright just to able to lick a new one.
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

:lol:
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
Raven
Mr. Underpowered or something

Post by Raven »

The GT-R still seems to be the absolute most performance per dollar you can buy in a production car.
All my cars have drum brakes and are sub 200 hp, what am I doing with my life?
2013 Mazda 2
1994 Chevy S10 pickup
1985 Chevy Caprice (no fuel system)
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by complacent »

minus maintenance costs of course. but yea, it is a hell of a bargain.
colin

a tank, a yammie, a spaceship
i <3 teh 00ntz
GaToR
DCAWD Groupie

Post by GaToR »

What amazes me the most about this car is how the 'return on investment' for modification seems to drop far more slowly up the HP range than anything else on the road.

A stock 550hp GT-R is competitive with 600-700 HP ZR1s, Vipers, Aventadors, GT2 RS...

Yeah, that's good bang/buck... however,

A 600hp Cobb-tuned GT-R starts pulling away from everything except other tuned supercars (911TT, GT2, Z06 supercharged, etc)

When you start getting into the 700-800hp range, the GT-R walks absolutely everything street legal.

Best example: One Lap of America, my favorite motorsports series ever. Bring anything street legal. 13 tracks in 10 days.

GT-Rs 1-2-3-4 in 2012. Six of the top 10 spots were GT-Rs. There were a plethora of 911s, Vipers, Vettes finishing out the top 15 or so. Every single road course won by the TopSpeed Motorsports GT-R.

There just doesn't seem to be a car able to put down power like the ATTESA system. Basically, if you want a car faster than a GTR, modify a GT-R.

But I would never be able to A) afford B) use all that power. I'm just continuously stunned that despite its out-of-the -box prowess, they left more on the table with it than anything else I can think of.
PGT
DCAWD Groupie

Post by PGT »

that's not new with the R35. That's been the case since the R32, as I recall. The car is just the downpayment on the mods.
2013 BMW 328i M Sport with 8sp in Estoril Blue II
2012 Chrysler 300C SRT8 - Always bet on black
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Edition, otherwise known as the MW3 (and badass)
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

I wish it were better looking and/or had a nicer interior.
And that Nissan would give me one.
drwrx
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by drwrx »

Even more amazing is the cost of the mods to get to those power levels.
The 600hp Cobb GT-R is only a Flash and a mid pipe. That's under $2,000 for over 50whp.
Add a down-pipe and gain approximately 60 whp more for less than $1,000.
The 700+whp are usually flash / TBE / turbo / injectors / intercooler. Now that is getting into real money, but still.