Mini John Cooper Works GP Unveiled

Non-technical forum for other car makes. Good example: VW fan sites.

Moderator: Moderators

Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Mini John Cooper Works GP Unveiled

Post by Sabre »

Torque Report
Mini has unveiled the fastest production Mini ever, the John Cooper Works GP. The John Cooper Works GP recently lapped the Nürburgring Nordschleife in 8 minutes and 23 seconds, a full 19 seconds quicker than the the lap time set by its predecessor, the Mini Cooper S with John Cooper Works GP Kit.
Underpinning the performance characteristics of the Mini John Cooper Works GP is exclusive powertrain, chassis and aerodynamics technology inspired directly by motorsport. Mini hasn't announced the final horsepower figures, but it wil pack more than the 214 horsepower that the previous model had. It also gets an adjustable race suspension. On the outside the Mini John Cooper Works GP gets large front and rear aprons, side skirts, a bespoke roof spoiler and a newly developed rear diffuser which optimizes airflow around the underbody. The rear seats have also been removed to save weight.

The Mini John Cooper Works GP gets an adjustable race suspension and on the outside its stands apart from the lesser powered models with its large front and rear aprons, side skirts, bespoke roof spoiler and a newly developed rear diffuser which optimizes airflow around the underbody. Inside the rear seats have been removed to save weight.

Final pricing will be announced closer to its on sale date, but Mini will only produce 2,000 units. The good news is that it will be sold in the U.S.

I bet it's a blast to drive!
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
PGT
DCAWD Groupie

Re: Mini John Cooper Works GP Unveiled

Post by PGT »

if it's anything like the last GP, it will be a fun car but not collectible. Some people bought two; one to drive and one to store. Dealers sat on some for awhile and I have to imagine that those who paid over MSRP were kicking themselves as you could easily pay MSRP once they arrived and dealers couldn't move them'

There will be multiple versions this time....the Coupe and the Roadster, or whatever they call that abomination with the chopped roof.
2013 BMW 328i M Sport with 8sp in Estoril Blue II
2012 Chrysler 300C SRT8 - Always bet on black
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Edition, otherwise known as the MW3 (and badass)
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Re: Mini John Cooper Works GP Unveiled

Post by Mr Kleen »

I drove a base Clubman as a loaner car for a day. It was fun and practical but I just couldn't get past that dash design. :puke: