Fisker Unveils the Fisker Atlantic Sedan

Non-technical forum for other car makes. Good example: VW fan sites.

Moderator: Moderators

Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Fisker Unveils the Fisker Atlantic Sedan

Post by Sabre »

Torque Report
Fisker has officially unveiled its all-new model, the Atlantic sedan. The Atlantic is being unveiled as a design prototype. Fisker describes the extended-range electric Atlantic as a luxury four-door sporting sedan with a practical interior.

"It is aimed at young families who want to drive an impactful, high-end vehicle while making a positive statement about responsibilities - both in terms of their commitment to sustainability and the practicalities of everyday life."

Like the Karma sedan, the Fisker Atlantic is a plug-in hybrid vehicle that allows drivers to switch manually or automatically between electric and gasoline driving modes and sustain the charge of its lithium ion batteries on the move. The Atlantic uses the latest second generation EVer (Electric Vehicle with extended range) technology. Its four-cylinder gasoline engine acts as a generator and is not mechanically connected to the wheels. It's expected that the four-cylinder engine will be a turbocharged unit borrowed from BMW. The standard powertrain will be configured for rear-wheel drive and an all-wheel drive version will be offered as an option.

"We are exceptionally proud of the Atlantic design prototype, and believe we have created another groundbreaking car that looks and will drive like nothing else on the road in this class," said Henrik Fisker, co-founder, Executive Chairman, and Design Director of Fisker Automotive.

"Fisker Automotive is transitioning from a start-up automaker to a fully-fledged mainstream car manufacturer and the Atlantic is a crucial milestone in that process," said Tom LaSorda, CEO Fisker Automotive. "We have a long way to go, but in the near future Fisker intends to deliver this exceptional American-designed, engineered, and manufactured vehicle

Damn it's pretty.
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Re: Fisker Unveils the Fisker Atlantic Sedan

Post by complacent »

really, really pretty. i like their entire line.
colin

a tank, a yammie, a spaceship
i <3 teh 00ntz
PGT
DCAWD Groupie

Post by PGT »

not keen on the color on the wheels. charcoal or black accents, mebbe
2013 BMW 328i M Sport with 8sp in Estoril Blue II
2012 Chrysler 300C SRT8 - Always bet on black
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Edition, otherwise known as the MW3 (and badass)
chicken n waffles

Post by chicken n waffles »

PGT wrote:not keen on the color on the wheels. charcoal or black accents, mebbe
You'd probably swap them out in about 5 minutes anyway, so what do you care? :rolllaugh:

Hot car.
-Ben
PGT
DCAWD Groupie

Post by PGT »

actually, I love the design, just not the color. But yeah, point made :nana:
2013 BMW 328i M Sport with 8sp in Estoril Blue II
2012 Chrysler 300C SRT8 - Always bet on black
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Edition, otherwise known as the MW3 (and badass)
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by complacent »

chicken n waffles wrote:
PGT wrote:not keen on the color on the wheels. charcoal or black accents, mebbe
You'd probably swap them out in about 5 minutes anyway, so what do you care? :rolllaugh:

Hot car.
:rolllaugh:
colin

a tank, a yammie, a spaceship
i <3 teh 00ntz
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

So this seems like the Karma except with a new electrical drivetrain and an AWD option.
Or did I miss something again?
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears