2012 Mazda MX-5 Miata Special Edition

Non-technical forum for other car makes. Good example: VW fan sites.

Moderator: Moderators

Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

2012 Mazda MX-5 Miata Special Edition

Post by Sabre »

Torque Report

Next week Mazda is going to unveil a special edition version of the 2012 MX-5 Miata at the 2012 Chicago Auto Show.

The 2012 MX-5 Miata Special Edition features a black-only hard top, which is the first time a non-body-colored hard top is available in North America. It also gets two new exterior colors (Crystal White or Velocity Red), new 17-inch black gunmetal alloy wheels, black exterior accents, black heated leather seats and piano black interior finishes.

The special edition MX-5 Miata is based off the Grand Touring model is available with either a six-speed manual or automatic transmission. Both Premium and Suspension packages will be standard on the MX-5 Miata Special Edition and include features such as Bluetooth, Sirius Satellite Radio, Bilstein shocks and a sport-tuned suspension.

Mazda is limited production to just 450 units.
Looks very S2000 like....
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
drwrx
DCAWD Founding Member

Re: 2012 Mazda MX-5 Miata Special Edition

Post by drwrx »

This just in from Mazda . . . More stuff that doesn't make the MX5 faster!
Raven
Mr. Underpowered or something

Post by Raven »

drwrx wrote:This just in from Mazda . . . More stuff that doesn't make the MX5 faster!
It's also more stuff that costs them absolutely nothing to make. Those "new" wheels are the same wheels on my car, they just have a powder coat. The piano black interior, that's been available as an accessory for years. It really is just my car with a black hard top, black wheels, and a black finish on the dash.
All my cars have drum brakes and are sub 200 hp, what am I doing with my life?
2013 Mazda 2
1994 Chevy S10 pickup
1985 Chevy Caprice (no fuel system)
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

Black hard top looks good and, as was pointed out, is the only feature that's actually new. Hopefully the BRZ scares up a mild turbo MX5...
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

Raven wrote:It really is just my car with a black hard top, black wheels, and a black finish on the dash.
So you won't be able to fit in this one either, eh?
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears
chicken n waffles

Post by chicken n waffles »

:rolllaugh:
-Ben