2013 Acura RL Successor to Debut in New York

Non-technical forum for other car makes. Good example: VW fan sites.

Moderator: Moderators

Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

2013 Acura RL Successor to Debut in New York

Post by Sabre »

The Torque Report

The next-generation of Acura's flagship sedan is going to debut in the spring at the 2012 New York Auto Show. The 2013 successor to the RL will go on sale by the end of next year, but according to Inside Line, Acura has not decided if its flagship sedan will continue to use the RL name or if a new name will be used. The new flagship sedan will be larger than the current RL. Acura officials claim that it is going to have the interior space of a BMW 7 Series, but will drive more like the smaller 5 Series. The 2013 Acura sedan will get more distinctive styling and is going to be offered with the choice of a V6 engine or a V6 hybrid system with all-wheel-drive. The hybrid system, which is also going to be offered on the next NSX features a 3.5L V6, seven-speed dual-clutch transmission and a 20kW electric motor on each of the rear wheels. According to Honda the hybrid system has the power of a V8, but the fuel-efficiency of a four-cylinder.

With the upcoming introduction of the new ILX compact sedan, the fate of the TSX and TL sedans is still a question. Acura has announced plans to only have three sedans in its lineup that are further differentiated than the current lineup. The TSX and TL sedans will most likely be replaced by one midsize sedan.
Does anyone else think that thing is hideous? It looks just like a camery to me... and those wheels... OMG, kill them.
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Re: 2013 Acura RL Successor to Debut in New York

Post by Mr Kleen »

Not hideous, not any strong emotions whatsoever...
PGT
DCAWD Groupie

Post by PGT »

Accord wheels. The RL has been a joke since inception. The Legend is rolling over in it's grave.

My parents went to trade their '00 TL on a '10 RL and the salesperson talked them into a '10 TL SHAWD. Why? It had more power. :lol: Talk about handicapping your premium model!!

The RL has always suffered an identity crisis; it was boring, V6-powered and not much better than the TL in any meaningful way. It's surprising that this model lives on while they're considering merging the TSX/TL into one new model for next year.
2013 BMW 328i M Sport with 8sp in Estoril Blue II
2012 Chrysler 300C SRT8 - Always bet on black
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Edition, otherwise known as the MW3 (and badass)
chicken n waffles

Post by chicken n waffles »

ghastly and horrendously overpriced.
-Ben
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by complacent »

chicken n waffles wrote:ghastly and horrendously overpriced.
it looks like the perfect car for wealthy white folks with zero taste and a strong desire to fit in.

i think it's the perfect car for whomever is interested.
colin

a tank, a yammie, a spaceship
i <3 teh 00ntz
thermatico
Yugo owner

Post by thermatico »

complacent wrote: it looks like the perfect car for wealthy white folks with zero taste and a strong desire to fit in.
Sounds like the definition of a Lexus LS to me.
PGT
DCAWD Groupie

Post by PGT »

an LS has style, in comparison.
2013 BMW 328i M Sport with 8sp in Estoril Blue II
2012 Chrysler 300C SRT8 - Always bet on black
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Edition, otherwise known as the MW3 (and badass)
drwrx
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by drwrx »

thermatico wrote:Sounds like the definition of a Lexus ES to me.
If that is what you meant, than I completely agree!
avriette
DCAWD Groupie

Post by avriette »

thermatico wrote:
complacent wrote: it looks like the perfect car for wealthy white folks with zero taste and a strong desire to fit in.
Sounds like the definition of a Lexus LS to me.
Sounds like a C350 to me.
rocket scientist