2012 Honda Civic Type R Mugen 2.2

Non-technical forum for other car makes. Good example: VW fan sites.

Moderator: Moderators

Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

2012 Honda Civic Type R Mugen 2.2

Post by Sabre »

Torque Report
Honda's Mugen division has unveiled the 2012 Honda Civic Type R Mugen 2.2, but sadly there are no plans to bring the high-performance Civic to the U.S.

The Honda Civic Type R Mugen 2.2 gets a sports suspension, more powerful brakes and a bodykit. Under the hood the cylinder bore and stroke have been increased, which has bumped up the power to 260 horsepower.

The Civic Type R Mugen 2.2 is seen as a tribute to the Honda K20 2.0L engine, which is no longer being produced in Japan.

Hiro Toyoda, vice-president of Mugen Euro stated, "Environmental pressures mean naturally aspirated engines are rapidly being superseded by other engine architectures and technologies. We may never see the like of the K20 in a mainstream production car again, so it felt only fitting we mark the occasion with this special 2.2 version of the Honda Civic Type R."

We'll see the all-new European Honda Civic in Frankfurt next week.
I bet that thing would be a ton of fun to drive.
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
PGT
DCAWD Groupie

Re: 2012 Honda Civic Type R Mugen 2.2

Post by PGT »

must be on Fark or something....site is unresponsive.

I've wanted a UK version of the CTR for some time after seeing one in Germany. Perfect daily driver.
2013 BMW 328i M Sport with 8sp in Estoril Blue II
2012 Chrysler 300C SRT8 - Always bet on black
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Edition, otherwise known as the MW3 (and badass)