Shelby Supercars Unveils the Tuatara Concept with 1,350 HP

Non-technical forum for other car makes. Good example: VW fan sites.

Moderator: Moderators

Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Shelby Supercars Unveils the Tuatara Concept with 1,350 HP

Post by Sabre »

The Torque Report

Meet Shelby Supercars's (SSC) latest creation, the Tuatara Concept, which gives SSC the title of having the fastest production supercar, which was previously held by Bugatti.

The Tuatara gets its name from a modern day lizard found in New Zealand. The Tuatara lizard has the fastest evolving DNA in the world and that fast paced evolution is how SSC's designers envisioned their new supercar. Jerod Shelby, who founded SSC stated, "Most manufacturers essentially use the same basic model and body shape for up to 10 years, while only making small refinements to it each year. After only three years in production with the Ultimate Aero, SSC's Tuatara is about to monumentally evolve in the areas of sophistication, design, aerodynamics and shear all-around performance. We felt that the fastest evolving DNA was a perfect definition of SSC's latest project."

The Tuatara is powered by a twin-turbocharged 7.0L V8 with 1,350 horsepower that is mated to a seven-speed transmission.
:shock: I have to wonder how controllable it is. A lot of Shelby's stupid fast cars are only good in a straight line... and most are not even good at that (that is, staying straight)
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
PGT
DCAWD Groupie

Re: Shelby Supercars Unveils the Tuatara Concept with 1,350

Post by PGT »

looks like Ford's GT90 concept mates with an Enzo. I.e.....not much original there beyond Shelby whoring out his name (again)
2013 BMW 328i M Sport with 8sp in Estoril Blue II
2012 Chrysler 300C SRT8 - Always bet on black
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Edition, otherwise known as the MW3 (and badass)
captainslow
I'm starting to be a post wh0re

Post by captainslow »

It should have three headlights.
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by complacent »

i've almost never liked single-wiper cars. not that it really means anything...
colin

a tank, a yammie, a spaceship
i <3 teh 00ntz
boomee
Tricycle

Post by boomee »

:shock: I have to wonder how controllable it is. A lot of Shelby's stupid fast cars are only good in a straight line... and most are not even good at that (that is, staying straight)[/quote]

I have to disagree at least a little with you I have driven several shelby Gt500s especially the 2010s and th(and they handle very good forsuch a big and powerfull car I heard the 2012s have a suspension option to make it better that being said that is the only shelby I have been in besidse the shelby cobra my neighbor has I dont know i think it is hard to just paint such a broad brush on things for a company especially when everyone aims to improve. Again this is by no means disrespect to you just my own opinion.
thermobox
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by thermobox »

Uhhh guys? SSC has no relation to Carrol Shelby or the Shelby lineage of cars.

The only car SSC has produced is the Ultimate Aero. It is a tried and true Bugatti fighter. I say bring on another US Supercar!
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

"Shelby SuperCars (SSC), is an American supercar company founded in 1999 by automotive enthusiast, Jerod Shelby. SSC's headquarters in Tri-Cities, Washington, is also the hometown of Mr. Shelby and home to his dream. Fueled by his passion for racing and automotive culture SSC's success is a true representation of the American Dream."

Is Jerod related to Carrol?
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
thermobox
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by thermobox »

Nope.