Hello DCAWD

New to DCAWD? Looking for someone, see someone, found a spotted card or just want to say hi? Come on in!

Moderator: Moderators

Andrewtech
I'm a n000b

Hello DCAWD

Post by Andrewtech »

Just joined so I thought I'd say hello to everyone. So hello!
Andrew@Hillmuth
FT_SELGP
I'm a n000b

Post by FT_SELGP »

Welcome to the board Andrew. Having your expertise here, sure will be of help to many.
FT
ElZorro
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by ElZorro »

Good to meet you Andrew. Check out the "Meet Schedule" sticky in the DCAWD Meets section to see the next time we are getting together. Location is TBD, but we will definetly be doing something.
Jason "El Zorro" Fox
'17 Subaru Forester 2.0XT
DCAWD - old coots in fast scoots.
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Re: Hello DCAWD

Post by Sabre »

Andrewtech wrote:Just joined so I thought I'd say hello to everyone. So hello!
Andrew@Hillmuth
Welcome Andrew!
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

Howdy Andrew,

Welcome aboard. I talked to Scott @ Hillmuth and he told me that you had to get the whole synchro kit for 3rd instead of just the one part. I hope he is wrong and you are right, but I understand if that is not the case :lol:

BTW I'm the guy that brought the WRX trans in on the pallet and parts in tupperware containers, I bet that was a first for you, at least I hope it was...
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears
Andrewtech
I'm a n000b

Post by Andrewtech »

I thought that was you. I actually had a guy bring me his tranny in big green trash bags. That was the worst. Sorry to say Scott got the right part now. The price I was given was for 4th syncro. 4th is cheaper cause its only one syncro while 3rd uses 2 syncro's and a syncro cone between them. in your case the syncro cone had lost a tooth. This is very common but the only way to get the cone is to by the 3rd syncro assy (all 3 pieces). I'll call you when its done or if you have any questions don't hesitate.
Andrew@Hillmuth
anonymouse20910
I'm a n000b

Post by anonymouse20910 »

Andrew!
Thanks for all the expertise you provided to me as I went about trying to undo the wrongs that an un-named performance shop did to my car. You went above and beyond my friend.
Last edited by anonymouse20910 on Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andrewtech
I'm a n000b

Post by Andrewtech »

Thanks Noel. Anytime I can help I am happy to. Did you gets your links on?
Andrew@Hillmuth
anonymouse20910
I'm a n000b

Post by anonymouse20910 »

Yes, I got them on. After a weeks worth of driving they became loose and started making noise so I tightened them a little and haven't had any noise since.
Andrewtech wrote:Thanks Noel. Anytime I can help I am happy to. Did you gets your links on?
Andrew@Hillmuth