DIY Electric BMW Generates 500-HP

Non-technical forum for other car makes. Good example: VW fan sites.

Moderator: Moderators

Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

DIY Electric BMW Generates 500-HP

Post by Sabre »

Toms article

Rather than replacing the engine or getting a new car altogether, Rimac decided to take matters into his own hands.

Rimac, along with his team at VST conversions, decided to show automakers up by producing a one of a kind electric vehicle that might just be years ahead of the competition.

“I pulled the engine out of the car, looked at the empty space under the bonnet and wondered what to put in there,” Rimac said. “And then it hit me. I’ll make an electric racecar.”

Rimac didn't just make any electric racecar; he made a beast that is capable of taking on the fastest electric vehicles out there and leaving them in the dust. The car features a battery pack consisting of 300 lithium iron phosphate cells which provide a generous range of 110 miles, perfect for a full day of racing.

The car's greatest feature is the DC motor completely built and designed by VST producing a massive 500 horsepower. The ponies on this bad boy give it an impressive 0-60 pick-up time of 3.3 seconds. This beats the speedy electric Tesla Roadster's 3.7 second time and can even compete with some of the industry's fastest and priciest cars on the road today.

Check out the video below:
video: http://www.youtube.com/v/iOo1TnWKVCg

:lol: These guys accomplish what a lot of the car companies cannot... 8)
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Re: DIY Electric BMW Generates 900-HP

Post by complacent »

really cool car, though i think there was either a typo in the article or the video.

the video showed the car making only 500 hp on the dyno.
colin

a tank, a yammie, a spaceship
i <3 teh 00ntz
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Re: DIY Electric BMW Generates 500-HP

Post by Sabre »

lol, I can't view the video at work, so I just C&P'ed the link, :rolllaugh: I corrected the title and article.
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by complacent »

right on. the video showed a peak of 500 hp on the dyno and a best 1/4 mile time of 12.1XX. not bad for no gas.
colin

a tank, a yammie, a spaceship
i <3 teh 00ntz
sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

Soon, the gas powered engines will go the way of the dodo and everything will be AWD.
2004 SG Model A PearlBlackObsidian (RIP)
2008 SG Model D BlueRallyWorld

"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story." -Barney Stinson
"Nothing shuts my pie-hole but pie." -Shawn Spencer