9/12/10 RallyX #6

10/17/10 RallyX #7

11/14/10 RallyX #8

http://www.wdcr-scca.org/RallyCross/tab ... fault.aspx
Katya4me
DCAWD Groupie

Re: 2010 WDCR-SCCA Rally-X Schedule

Post by Katya4me »

We had a blast at Events #1 & 3 and will be out at Summit Point this weekend for the 2 day National event. Anyone else coming out to spectate or participate?
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

I'll be in NC unfortunately, otherwise I would definitely be out there!
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
Katya4me
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Katya4me »

We ended up taking 1st and 2nd in class, but unfortunately not in the way that we had hoped. There were 4 in our class on Saturday and the other 2 competitors suffered mechanical difficulties. 1 was able to come back today, but without yesterday's scores, he ended up in 3rd place.

Yesterday's course was pretty cool, but ran over a lot of new territory. Ie., how to landscape in 8 easy runs.

When we started, this was grass:

With 3 breakdowns during our heat, the 10 runs dropped to 8. The 2nd heat did run quicker because the course was clear. The course was then reversed for the afternoon runs. The weather was not cooperative however and halfway through the 2nd heat's 3rd runs, the skies opened up and started pouring rain. Dirt and rain aren't fun to rally in. :( As a result, my heat got no afternoon runs and we wrapped up before 3pm.

Today was just morning runs and the weather was gorgeous, so once again, the goal was 10 runs per heat. However, yesterday's course and the anticipated course for today were just too wet, so we moved to the gravel lot. Yay for 3 areas!!!

As you can see, even that was pretty wet:

We did get 10 runs per heat and the course was a lot of fun, with one section incredibly tail-happy, just swinging from one turn to the next and hammering the gas.

Group photo:

All of the photos we took can be seen here: http://picasaweb.google.com/moxnix/Rall ... onalEvent#
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Congrats to you both!!!! Looks like you had an absoulte blast!
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
schvin
DCAWD Groupie

Post by schvin »

awesome! thanks for posting the pics!
2004 impreza outback
1964 beetle
Katya4me
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Katya4me »

Bump for September!!! We're planning on attending the school on the 11th and Event #6 on the 12th.
captainslow
I'm starting to be a post wh0re

Post by captainslow »

I just signed up for the 11th and was thinking about asking here if anyone would like to join me - but I see you will be there. It will be nice to meet you if you do plan on attending. Don't laugh too hard at me :oops:

But I just wanted to know one thing - the description on the DC SCCA site made it seem pretty benign and I figured a driving class isn't going to be as rough as competition, but if you disagree, please let me know. I just want to check it out for myself and thought a class couldn't hurt. Though I remember reading that you built that car for RallyX specifically. As this is my DD (only car, rather) if you think there's a chance I could really beat the hell out of it (like slam into a rock or a tree), I appreciate it if you could tell me. I know people who've done RallyX in their DDs and they say no harm done, but it could just be tough talk.

--
Actually, I'm a big chicken and wussed out after writing that. I guess if I have to ask the above, it's probably not a good idea to go ahead without being a spectator first. I think Auto-x is pretty tough on cars (at least compared to how I usually drive) and from what I've heard, Rally-x is like 1000x the wear and tear.
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Blixa wrote:I think Auto-x is pretty tough on cars (at least compared to how I usually drive) and from what I've heard, Rally-x is like 1000x the wear and tear.
I wouldn't call AutoX rough on anything but brakes and tires. The chances of a roller over are a little higher in Rally-X, and paint chips are to be expected. I would sign back up, you'll have a blast!
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
moxnix
Tricycle

Post by moxnix »

Blixa wrote:I just signed up for the 11th and was thinking about asking here if anyone would like to join me - but I see you will be there. It will be nice to meet you if you do plan on attending. Don't laugh too hard at me :oops:

But I just wanted to know one thing - the description on the DC SCCA site made it seem pretty benign and I figured a driving class isn't going to be as rough as competition, but if you disagree, please let me know. I just want to check it out for myself and thought a class couldn't hurt. Though I remember reading that you built that car for RallyX specifically. As this is my DD (only car, rather) if you think there's a chance I could really beat the hell out of it (like slam into a rock or a tree), I appreciate it if you could tell me. I know people who've done RallyX in their DDs and they say no harm done, but it could just be tough talk.

--
Actually, I'm a big chicken and wussed out after writing that. I guess if I have to ask the above, it's probably not a good idea to go ahead without being a spectator first. I think Auto-x is pretty tough on cars (at least compared to how I usually drive) and from what I've heard, Rally-x is like 1000x the wear and tear.
The class should not be as rough as competition. We "built" a car for rallyx because our other cars are either autox cars or we like the paint on them to much. Trees are hard to hit unless you are being stupid. Rocks - They try to mark the big rocks on the course with cones for you to avoid. But it can get pretty rutty out there and I have seen a few bumpers ripped off or tied together with zip ties at the end of the event but I know at least one of those was more driving style than a problem with the course.

I know a people that bring out their DD's and are fine so it is not just tough talk.

Come on out on the 11th and take a few rides with us (Red RX-7) and decide if you want to run your car at the event the next day (You can still sign up the day of the event).

I agree with Sabre about what autox is rough on and my cars have seen a few autox events.
captainslow
I'm starting to be a post wh0re

Post by captainslow »

Thanks guys for the input!

I think I would like to check out the class. I do have another commitment that day which I had forgotten about when I originally signed up, but I'll definitely sign up for the class the next time it's offered.
Katya4me
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Katya4me »

Bump for this weekend. :) Anyone else coming out to watch/play?
Katya4me
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Katya4me »

RX-7 is running with an exhaust now, so we'll be there on Sunday. Anyone else coming out?
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

We'll be up at Deep Creek :( Looks like this is the last one this year, right?
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Katya4me
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Katya4me »

Yup.