8/24 Meet

All about DCAWD Meets

Moderator: Moderators

GVR4-308
I walk to work

8/24 Meet

Post by GVR4-308 »

Sweet, first post of the board! I suppose that's because everyone is still at the meet. :( I had to leave early but it was good to meet some of you and next time I'll stay longer.

Have a great time everyone.
ElZorro
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by ElZorro »

Damn, you beat the admins to first post!!! :)

What did everyone think of the chalk idea?
Jason "El Zorro" Fox
'17 Subaru Forester 2.0XT
DCAWD - old coots in fast scoots.
GVR4-308
I walk to work

Post by GVR4-308 »

Seemed like a good idea to me, although I didn't as yet even have a board name. Most people had their names out there though which really helps to identify people.

OT: The avatars seem to be a little funny. I tried uploading mine from my computer, didn't work, tried uploading from a webpage, didn't work. Right now I'm linking from an external site and that seems to work just fine. Just something to check into.
ElZorro
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by ElZorro »

Yea, that's been an issue since we started setting up the site. Hopefully one of the next patches for the forum will take care of it.
Jason "El Zorro" Fox
'17 Subaru Forester 2.0XT
DCAWD - old coots in fast scoots.
AdsBot [Google]
I walk to work

Post by AdsBot [Google] »

GVR4-308 wrote: OT: The avatars seem to be a little funny. I tried uploading mine from my computer, didn't work, tried uploading from a webpage, didn't work. Right now I'm linking from an external site and that seems to work just fine. Just something to check into.
Grumble... I'll get to work on that. I had forgotten about that issue :(
DamSedan
I walk to work

Post by DamSedan »

Ok, i have been playing with Photo resizer for about 20 minutes and finally got the picture to the 80x80 limit only to be told that it must be smaller than 6k. i am dieing here! I hate trying to resize these photos. Need help with this at some point. For now I guess there just wont be an avatar! I am more than happy to email it to someone if you guys can get it straight.
I will always be the DRNWAGN!
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

DRNWAGN wrote:Ok, i have been playing with Photo resizer for about 20 minutes and finally got the picture to the 80x80 limit only to be told that it must be smaller than 6k. i am dieing here! I hate trying to resize these photos. Need help with this at some point. For now I guess there just wont be an avatar! I am more than happy to email it to someone if you guys can get it straight.
I increased it to 80k, so you should be good to go ;)
GVR4-308
I walk to work

Post by GVR4-308 »

Update: As is stated in Sabre's post below, it is now possible to upload avatars directly to this site (DCAWD) so offsite hosting is not really necessary.

---------------------------
I put up a post in the off topic catagory about off-site file hosting for avatars if anyone needs it.

http://www.dcawd.com/modules.php?name=F ... ic&p=25#25
Last edited by GVR4-308 on Wed Aug 25, 2004 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Ok, get to uploading your avatars, it's all fixed :)

BTW, I mentioned it on the main site, but there will be an outage tonight from 9pm-1am, just a FYI :)
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
l3it3r
I'm a n000b

Post by l3it3r »

Hey Julian, love the forums.. the meet the other night was GREAT.. I'll have to have you over sometime to watch the vids. I liked the chalk idea, first time I've seen that done, should help out a lot with people keeping names straight. Anyway, can't wait to get out and see ya'll again.
AdsBot [Google]
I walk to work

Post by AdsBot [Google] »

Hey GVR4, I saw this posted on the GVR4 site but I am still in florida. Did any other gvr4's show? I'll try to start going when I get back to MD so 294 will be there, if its not broke.
GVR4-308
I walk to work

Post by GVR4-308 »

guest wrote:Hey GVR4, I saw this posted on the GVR4 site but I am still in florida. Did any other gvr4's show? I'll try to start going when I get back to MD so 294 will be there, if its not broke.
Heya! Naw, no other GVR4s were there, but that's ok, it meant the glory was all mine! Muwhahaha :D I got the oldest car award and the 'uh, why is this guy in the old gray thing pulling up next to us...' look as well. It was good stuff. I had a lot of fun for the hour or so I was able to stay. Very good and open people, but yeah, they could use a few more GVR4s around to keep them in line. :wink:

P.S. Admins: When are the pics of this meet gonna be up?
serendipity
I'm a n000b

Post by serendipity »

So when's the next meet? Shouldn't it be next week sometime?
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

serendipity wrote:So when's the next meet? Shouldn't it be next week sometime?
Check out the forum, it's up now :) I've been pulling some hellacious hours, but I'll make sure to get the pics up this afternoon!
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.