Would like to buy or get for free T1 router

Looking for something? Throw it in here!

Moderator: Moderators

zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Would like to buy or get for free T1 router

Post by zaxrex »

Co-worker of mine can't get Fios or Comcrapst in his new place so he is putting in a T1. He needs a T1 router so that he can put into his wireless router (don't ask).
Anybody have a T1 router or at least a DSU/CSU module that they could sell or otherwise part with?
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Re: Would like to buy or get for free T1 router

Post by Sabre »

I have an old one that he can have for cheap... like 10-15 bux :)

T1's are 300-400/mo... has he thought about satellite? Ya, the latency is bad, but he might not notice.
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

Work subsidy will cover a good chunk of that, and then his wife's business will make a business expense out of it. He thinks he is going to get it cheaper if he does not rent their equipment.

Could you bring it Thurs?
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Sure, no problem :)
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

when you get a chance, could you post up the model and make so he knows what he is getting himself into?
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Well, originally I was going to give him the Cyclades PR3000 that I had lying around as a spare... but I can't seem to get into the thing! I've got the Cisco 2620 with 2 T1 WIC's in it that I used for Radiant back in the day. It's just gathering dust right now :( It's worth a little more than the $10-15 bux I said before though.
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by complacent »

Sabre wrote:Well, originally I was going to give him the Cyclades PR3000 that I had lying around as a spare... but I can't seem to get into the thing! I've got the Cisco 2620 with 2 T1 WIC's in it that I used for Radiant back in the day. It's just gathering dust right now :( It's worth a little more than the $10-15 bux I said before though.
holy crap! that thing has a z-bus expander port!!!!!

sorry, i went waaay back for a minute... :oops:

(I've got a spare 2500 at home, I'll check to see if it has any t1 thingies still plugged in. )
colin

a tank, a yammie, a spaceship
i <3 teh 00ntz