Audi e-tron Detroit Concept presages production R4

Non-technical forum specific to Audi. Good example: Discussion of classic Audi's.

Moderator: Moderators

Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Audi e-tron Detroit Concept presages production R4

Post by Mr Kleen »

Detroit 2010: Audi e-tron Detroit Concept presages production R4
Autoblog wrote:If you're wondering what the likelihood of Audi building a production version of its new e-tron Detroit Concept Car (yes, that's really its official designation), our sources at Audi indicate that a version of the coupe is likely to go into serial production as the oft-rumored R4.

The German automaker is apparently looking to design a smaller modular platform leveraging the expertise it used to develop the front-engine sedan platform that underpins the new A8 and forthcoming A7, among others. The new mid-engine architecture will likely find homes in a number of Volkswagen Group properties, including a production version of the Concept BlueSport, and perhaps even the next-generation Porsche Boxster/Cayman.

While the e-tron show car is a battery-powered electric vehicle, the production model is likely to be available with either an electric motor or conventional internal-combustion four-cylinder variants.

Given the fact that VW intimated last year that a production BlueSport could be produced at around $25,000, we're anticipating that the Audi R4 will slot in under the TT in the low-$30,000 range, as the 2010 TT presently starts at $37,800.
sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Re: Audi e-tron Detroit Concept presages production R4

Post by sirwilliam »

Well, I gotta say that is one hot looking car!...but I will wait until production to pass final judgment.
2004 SG Model A PearlBlackObsidian (RIP)
2008 SG Model D BlueRallyWorld

"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story." -Barney Stinson
"Nothing shuts my pie-hole but pie." -Shawn Spencer
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by complacent »

sirwilliam wrote:Well, I gotta say that is one hot looking car!...but I will wait until production to pass final judgment.
yerp!
colin

a tank, a yammie, a spaceship
i <3 teh 00ntz
ElZorro
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by ElZorro »

Looks damn sexy...
Jason "El Zorro" Fox
'17 Subaru Forester 2.0XT
DCAWD - old coots in fast scoots.
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Other than the wheels (can you imagine cleaning those things!!!!) I love it :)
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.