Hello All

New to DCAWD? Looking for someone, see someone, found a spotted card or just want to say hi? Come on in!

Moderator: Moderators

snailpower
I'm a n000b

Hello All

Post by snailpower »

Hi...my name is James, i'm 25, married with one daughter and live in Strasburg Va. I drive a debadged 02 white WRX with a CF hood with hoodpins, black stock wheels, painted black headlights, Gruppe-s V2 manifold, VF 34 Turbo, factory boost gauge (7 lbs for now), Carbon fiber trimmed interior, ACT clutch, Fidanza flywheel, HKS SSQ BOV, HKS up-pipe, HKS down-pipe, STi exhaust, AEM CAI, Cusco turbo heatshield, Rally Armor skidplate, Diff protector, CEL fix, GT Spec splitter (scoop insert), KYB Adjustable shocks, Ground Control Coilovers. Oh, I also have a pink "I" replacing the stars, and an HKS badge on the trunk.....I know, I know :roll: but it adds at least 10 whp :lol:. Now, for the parts I need to get off my lazy butt and install: STi pink injectors, Walbro 255 HP pump, PLX wideband. Coming soon.......Cobb accessport :twisted:
PS Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays to all.
Last edited by snailpower on Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Some call it turbo lag, I call it foreplay"
spazegun2213
teh Spaz

Post by spazegun2213 »

Great sig!! and welcome to the forums. Oh, dont worry about "stickers" the first mod to my car was teh PINK eye, lol. I cant wait to see your car at a meet, i bet it looks HOT (got any pics?). As for being lazy, i have stuff that i need to install as well, and i have a HUGE driveway and more tools than i know what to do with. I'm going to be installing some stuff this week so your welcome over, although it will be a little of a haul for you.

Happy holidays!
96 328, heated leather seats... ummm

Gone But not forgotten
'05 Black Sti, the car that started it all
84 944, my first race car.. what a pos
83 944.. 150hp of FURY, Rookie of the year chariot
snailpower
I'm a n000b

Post by snailpower »

Sounds cool to me, I actually work all around fairfax for a company called "Utiliquest". I locate underground utilities for Virginia Power, Washington Gas, and Fairfax Water Authority. It sucks right now bc i'm on call for Christmas :evil: . Where abouts do you live? (street name) I can find it in the ADC book or off WGL's records. I drive a dodge dumbkota as a work truck :roll: , oh well its free from the company and i've put about 80,000 miles on it in the last year and a half (about a 76 mile commute one way). Don't get out much, although I did meet a guy in Fairfax a couple of weeks ago with a silver suby. I think I caught him off gaurd b/c of the work truck, but after I introduced myself and the fact that i'm a fellow scoob owner he was pretty cool. I'll definately be driving down to MachV on Jan 7 for the dyno day. I won't be running, but at least I can meet some fellow awd addicts. Merry Christmas
snailpower
I'm a n000b

Post by snailpower »

Well, crap...don't guess i'll be posting any pics. I'm a new MAC convert, and I can't figure out how to get em on here (they're currently sitting on my HD) and I don't understand about needing a seperate public server :? OH Well
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

cool sig. but why teh mac? do you need to use the mouse while wearing mittens? :wink:

I might come out to the mach v meet. maybe we should post it up in the "other meets" section...
snailpower
I'm a n000b

Post by snailpower »

MAC bc i'm tired of viruses, pop-ups, malware, spyware etc.etc.. Plus i've always liked them, just could never afford them. The mouse is alittle strange, hell the whole system is for that matter, but I really like it (imac g5). Don't worry I still have my Dell, and another pc for parts. Thinking about wipeing them clean and installing linux 8).
ElZorro
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by ElZorro »

snailpower wrote:Thinking about wipeing them clean and installing linux 8).
Yea, you'll fit in just fine. :)
Jason "El Zorro" Fox
'17 Subaru Forester 2.0XT
DCAWD - old coots in fast scoots.
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Hello and welcome to DCAWD James!
Sounds like you have done a beautiful job on that car! Strasburg Va is definitely a hike from most of our meets, but if you can ever make one it would be awesome!
Take care,
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
snailpower
I'm a n000b

Post by snailpower »

Thanks guys, I look forward to meeting you at a future event. I posted earlier about the dyno day @ machv in sterling(Jan 7 from 9am-5pm), i've not spoken to any of them about how many people will show up but i'm sure it will be a large turnout. I know for sure that you must sign up in order to get dyno time. I found the info on NASIOC. I work right in Fairfax, is that any of you guys that I see periodically at the Fuddrucker's on Rt 123?
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

the last time I went to a Mach V dyno day it was a circus: lots of people, 2 parking lots full of cars, a couple "trailer queens" and a 360 Modena Spyder.
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

snailpower wrote:I work right in Fairfax, is that any of you guys that I see periodically at the Fuddrucker's on Rt 123?
No comment on the MachV events...

The people at Fuddruckers might be East Coast Boost or it might be the NoVA meets that Saint-foo organizes. Either of them are good groups :)
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.