A new Evo member

New to DCAWD? Looking for someone, see someone, found a spotted card or just want to say hi? Come on in!

Moderator: Moderators

ldstang50
I walk to work

A new Evo member

Post by ldstang50 »

I've had my evo for 2yrs but just learned of this sight the other day. Some of the evo guys know me, I'm on dcevoclub, evotuners.net and evom. I auto-x and drag race and take on the occasional street grudge. My car has been down for about 9mos now, but will hopefully be running by xmas. Instead of listing mods, I'll list whats still stock.
Intercooler, lower ic pipe, turbo, exhaust mani, intake mani, TB, suspension, rotors, calipers, wheels....that should be it.
I'm hopin after I pick up a buddy's r comps to do win a few more times this year in auto-x and run a very deep 11 on the stock turbo.

Liam
EVO XTC
i don't have hard drives. i just keep 30 chinese teenagers in my basement and force them to memorize numbers
spazegun2213
teh Spaz

Post by spazegun2213 »

Welcome to the club!!! We really need more cars other than subie's, becuase anyone that looks might think its a subie only club!

Good luck getting it running, while i know nothing about evos (well not nothing but close) if you need a hand let us know!!
96 328, heated leather seats... ummm

Gone But not forgotten
'05 Black Sti, the car that started it all
84 944, my first race car.. what a pos
83 944.. 150hp of FURY, Rookie of the year chariot
ldstang50
I walk to work

Post by ldstang50 »

thanks man, any help is much appreciated.
my buddy keith is finishing the assembly this week. i'd do it, but dont' have the time with 2jobs.
FYI, i'm a member of a small local team called Team Trinity, knock me for bein in a car club, but if it wasn't for them my car wouldn't be where it is today...as in mod wise not the not runnin part
EVO XTC
i don't have hard drives. i just keep 30 chinese teenagers in my basement and force them to memorize numbers
spazegun2213
teh Spaz

Post by spazegun2213 »

ldstang50 wrote:knock me for bein in a car club
LOL, well now you are in 2 clubs! HAHA, i can tell you that without these guys i would not have gotten my subie to where it is either!

Gone But not forgotten
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Hey Liam, welcome to the group! Sounds like a nice setup! It's amazing that you all can reach the 11's with the stock turbo. We definitely run out of steam before that, although water injection get's us closer :)

Definitely try to make it out to a meet sometime, it's always nice to be able to put a face with a profile online!
Julian
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
ldstang50
I walk to work

Post by ldstang50 »

Will do my best Julian. I'm also a member of dcsportbikes.com and .net. Plus working two jobs.
FYI, Curt Brown went 10s on the 'stock' turbo. And I have the smaller of the stock turbo's. The 03's had a 9.8hotside while the 05s had the 10.5hotside and larger compressor nozzle
EVO XTC
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

ldstang50 wrote:Will do my best Julian. I'm also a member of dcsportbikes.com and .net. Plus working two jobs.
FYI, Curt Brown went 10s on the 'stock' turbo. And I have the smaller of the stock turbo's. The 03's had a 9.8hotside while the 05s had the 10.5hotside and larger compressor nozzle
lol, do you know Ed Santos (aka, EdSuave or something like that?) He's a good friend of mine and goes to most of the DC Sport Bikes events :)

What do you do for a living? Working two jobs sucks donkey balls.

Very interesting about the differences in the two turbo's and it's still sick what you all are getting out of them!
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
ldstang50
I walk to work

Post by ldstang50 »

EdSuave??? No don't know him. I don't know many guys on there, I just know screen names. The DCsportbike events are crazy.
My first job I work for the Gibbs College in Vienna as a financial aid advisor, my 2nd job I work security at Hects in Tysons mall, I'm now doin the reserve USMC. I spent 4yrs active, got out and am doin the reserves voluntarily. I'm also an organizer/instructor for a local auto-x series called Capital Driving Club during the warmer months
EVO XTC
drwrx
DCAWD Founding Member

Re: A new Evo member

Post by drwrx »

Still on the stock exhaust manifold? I am shocked!
ldstang50
I walk to work

Re: A new Evo member

Post by ldstang50 »

drwrx wrote:Still on the stock exhaust manifold? I am shocked!
lol, ya it keeps me stock looking. thats why i still run the stock intercooler and stock intake mani
EVO XTC
drwrx
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by drwrx »

I recently saw an EVO with a tubular exhaust manifold that had a bracket on it for the stock heat sheild. It took some serious looking to tell what was underneath, very stealthy.
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

ldstang50 wrote:EdSuave??? No don't know him. I don't know many guys on there, I just know screen names. The DCsportbike events are crazy.
My first job I work for the Gibbs College in Vienna as a financial aid advisor, my 2nd job I work security at Hects in Tysons mall, I'm now doin the reserve USMC. I spent 4yrs active, got out and am doin the reserves voluntarily. I'm also an organizer/instructor for a local auto-x series called Capital Driving Club during the warmer months
Cool! BTW, we've had several classes taught to DCAWD members (myself included) by Brian Garfield. Very nice and cool guy.
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

ldstang50 wrote:I'm now doin the reserve USMC. I spent 4yrs active, got out and am doin the reserves voluntarily. I'm also an organizer/instructor for a local auto-x series called Capital Driving Club during the warmer months
I worked for MCI for about 3 years and my flat mate Dude is a former marine. can I use this as leverage to get a free autoX lesson? :wink:
ldstang50
I walk to work

Post by ldstang50 »

sabre wrote:
ldstang50 wrote:EdSuave??? No don't know him. I don't know many guys on there, I just know screen names. The DCsportbike events are crazy.
Cool! BTW, we've had several classes taught to DCAWD members (myself included) by Brian Garfield. Very nice and cool guy.
I saw he was offering a class soon. If i have time I want to be there. Even at the top of your game, there is still more to learn
EVO XTC
ldstang50
I walk to work

Post by ldstang50 »

Mr Kleen wrote:
ldstang50 wrote:I'm now doin the reserve USMC. I spent 4yrs active, got out and am doin the reserves voluntarily. I'm also an organizer/instructor for a local auto-x series called Capital Driving Club during the warmer months
I worked for MCI for about 3 years and my flat mate Dude is a former marine. can I use this as leverage to get a free autoX lesson? :wink:
If you want a lesson all you have to do is ask, I don't charge. I do it cause I like it and like watchign people improve
EVO XTC
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

ldstang50 wrote:If you want a lesson all you have to do is ask, I don't charge. I do it cause I like it and like watchign people improve
once the summer wheels/tires go back on, I'm going to hold you to it. :wink:
ldstang50
I walk to work

Post by ldstang50 »

Mr Kleen wrote:
ldstang50 wrote:If you want a lesson all you have to do is ask, I don't charge. I do it cause I like it and like watchign people improve
once the summer wheels/tires go back on, I'm going to hold you to it. :wink:
not a problem. but why wait? there are people out there running on the stock wrx tires, not the stock potenzas the sti's come with
EVO XTC
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

the RE92s are so bad... :evil: I won't even go into it :roll: once the sport wheels/tires are back on then it's on. I think I'm going to order a set of blizzaks for next year (just have to remember to order them early, right Julian? :wink: )
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Mr Kleen wrote:the RE92s are so bad... :evil: I won't even go into it :roll: once the sport wheels/tires are back on then it's on. I think I'm going to order a set of blizzaks for next year (just have to remember to order them early, right Julian? :wink: )
lol, you're right on that one! The WS50's sell out in no time, but I've been very happy with my REVO 1's :)
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
spazegun2213
teh Spaz

Post by spazegun2213 »

ldstang50 wrote:you have to do is ask, I don't charge. I do it cause I like it and like watchign people improve
ummmm you should really watch what you say, i might manipulate your weekends ;) hehe, really I'm sure we/I would love some advise. I will be starting to autoX this season as well as track my car a lot.

Gone But not forgotten
ldstang50
I walk to work

Post by ldstang50 »

spazegun2213 wrote:
ldstang50 wrote:you have to do is ask, I don't charge. I do it cause I like it and like watchign people improve
ummmm you should really watch what you say, i might manipulate your weekends ;) hehe, really I'm sure we/I would love some advise. I will be starting to autoX this season as well as track my car a lot.
hahaha, thats fine with me. Auto-x is all about driving smoothly and slow. Once you learn to be smooth and slow, then you start getting fast.
Mr Kleen wrote:the RE92s are so bad... :evil: I won't even go into it :roll: once the sport wheels/tires are back on then it's on. I think I'm going to order a set of blizzaks for next year (just have to remember to order them early, right Julian? :wink: )
i know they are bad, but THAT bad? cant' be any worse than my fm901's.
EVO XTC
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

yes, they are that bad. :x

after my NASA HPDE last year my instructor said I was smooth and consistent and that was the perfect base to build on. I haven't done any autoX and just one HPDE weekend, but this year I'm going back for another HPDE and would like to get involved in a little bit of autoX. I'm not ready for the craziness of a full blown SCCA event at FedEX Field, but with a small group of friends I'm all in.
ldstang50
I walk to work

Post by ldstang50 »

Mr Kleen wrote:yes, they are that bad. :x

after my NASA HPDE last year my instructor said I was smooth and consistent and that was the perfect base to build on. I haven't done any autoX and just one HPDE weekend, but this year I'm going back for another HPDE and would like to get involved in a little bit of autoX. I'm not ready for the craziness of a full blown SCCA event at FedEX Field, but with a small group of friends I'm all in.
Capital Driving Club is the perfect place for you then. Competitve, fun and people are more than willing to help you out
EVO XTC
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

CDC, eh? I gave the home page a quick look. I like the Saturday events (I need lots of sleep Sunday morning to prepare for Monday) and the Woodbridge location is only 30 minutes away. I will absolutely check out an even this spring.