So Sandy had this utterly wicked idea...

Forum for those interested in one-wheel drive vehicles (motorcycles!). Anything and everything!

Moderator: Moderators

avriette
DCAWD Groupie

So Sandy had this utterly wicked idea...

Post by avriette »

Chuckles mentioned the possibility of his getting rid of his bike. Meh, okay, it's not for everyone, sad to hear, but it might be the right choice.

Now, as any opportunist looking to turn someone else's unhappiness into profit, I immediately thought, huh, I wonder how much he wants for it? Sandy needs a "middle" bike between the 250 and whatever unholy bike she eventually winds up with (seriously, she's gonna get a ZX14 or something). But neither of us really like SV's. And, she doesn't want an SV, she's looking at a CBR.

sanity ends here, stop reading if you fear you may be harmed by this idea

Then she says, wait, I have an idea. Why don't we buy the bike, get different suspension on it, put knobbies on it, and deck it out like a proper dirtbike. Holy shit, that's an awesome idea. She is thinking of making it into a Hypermotard, essentially. Seriously. Just add mud. (or Wilson blvd)

I suppose someone on svriders has already done this, but daaaaamn, a 650cc dirtbike with big fat knobbies? How big is that rear tire? 170? 180? You could eat pavement with that sucker if you wanted to, go all sprocket change on it and everything.....

I will never know how I managed to find such a perfect wife. She actually comes up with ideas for mischief that I would never have come up with on my own. And, really, I'm always up for mischief.
rocket scientist
Libra Monkee

Re: So Sandy had this utterly wicked idea...

Post by Libra Monkee »

:dots:

Libra Monkee- "Helping DCAWD meet its Equal Opportunity requirement since 2006."
avriette
DCAWD Groupie

Post by avriette »

Libra Monkee wrote::dots:
well, make up your mind. when you figure out whether you're keeping it or not, lemme know. sv. knobbies. so much potential for hoon.
rocket scientist
Libra Monkee

Post by Libra Monkee »

:more dots:

Libra Monkee- "Helping DCAWD meet its Equal Opportunity requirement since 2006."
moxnix
Tricycle

Post by moxnix »

I remember seeing one on advrider.

This might be more work than you are thinking about but it might give you some ideas.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=288338
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by complacent »

Alex: I'd do some reading over at svrider first. I think you'll find it a less than ideal chassis for dirt use.

Chuck, I'm saddened to hear the possibility of you selling your bike. I hope you change your mind and give two wheeling another season.
colin

a tank, a yammie, a spaceship
i <3 teh 00ntz
snaab
DCAWD Groupie

Post by snaab »

That SV over on ADVRider looks awesome! hah!
RJ
'13 Mazda3