newish compaq 15" laptop, c2d @ 2.2ghz, 4gb, 120gb, 4mb l2

Want to sell something to a local? Come on in!

Moderator: Moderators

avriette
DCAWD Groupie

newish compaq 15" laptop, c2d @ 2.2ghz, 4gb, 120gb, 4mb l2

Post by avriette »

gettin rid of old hardware – the macpro needs ram and disk, so i'm clearing out old shit. used this machine to run leenucks (runs kubuntu + kde 4.2 like a charm, so it's still more than adequate for current stuff). i have install cd's somewhere, but i don't think i have the vista one. it came with both vista and xp. has abgn and 4gb of ram. pretty sure it's a 120gb disk. dvd+-rw+DL drive. gig-e, multi-card reader. unfortunately, it's one of those integrated intel video things, but it's a 384mb model, not a 256mb model, and it will do 1600x1200 on the onboard display and dual-head to an external at 2048x1536.

it's in flawless condition except for light wear on the keyboard.

it's also got a copy of office 2007 and acrobat pro, but again this was a linux machine so i'll probably wind up just putting those on a burned disk. i don't have any of the original packaging. the oem serials are on the case itself, but the oem disks don't ask for them anyways.

it runs vista ultimate just fine, if you swing that way.

msrp is ~1k, looks like the ebay folks want 750, i'm looking for 600 or more. i can also throw in an extra battery that brings battery life to ten hours without scaling down the procs or dimming the screen. screen is matte, not gloss, finish.

if you think 600 is too much, make an offer. i think it's pretty fair.

edit: for the geeky, that's a T7500 cpu.
rocket scientist