Should I trade or not?

Need better contact with the ground? Come on in.

Moderator: Moderators

Cereb Daithi
DCAWD Groupie

Should I trade or not?

Post by Cereb Daithi »

Guy I work with at subaru proposed a straight up trade today. It's the guy that was going to sell me the WRX but backed out :roll:

He proposed a trade of his 18" gold Prodrive OZs for my 17" gold Prodrive P7s. His OZ's are fitted with khumos with almost no tread left while my P7s are fitted with Yokohama AVS ES-100s with about 50% tread left.

I like the way the wheels look but I'm just not sure about slapping 18's on my car... they just seem too big... the one has a bit of curb rash on it which doesn't bug me but I am considering trading him and selling them since they are worth more than my P7s taken on just the wheels alone. Honestly I'm a bit at a stalemate. Any insight from anyone that perhaps might tip the scales one way or the other? I'm leaning towards making the trade simply because it'd be financially advantageous down the road...that and the OZ's are a bit more visually appealing to me in terms of spoke design (not size).... but I'm still sort of on the fence

Here's my P7's (except I have the older style center-cap)

and here are the ones he's willing to trade for

thoughts?
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Re: Should I trade or not?

Post by zaxrex »

I keep all my P-7s.
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by complacent »

17" and P7? Keep 'em.
colin

a tank, a yammie, a spaceship
i <3 teh 00ntz
VietGuy
I walk to work

Post by VietGuy »

I would trade...I think his 18s look better. I have 18" BBS on my car and I think they look perfect.
Cereb Daithi
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Cereb Daithi »

They're both fairly rare. I've only ever seen a few other P7s and OZ rallys. I would have traded already if they weren't 18". They look sort of strange on his car but it's also a wagon so it doesn't have the fender flares to help offset the look. It's a conundrum. I'll let you guys know how it turns out.
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

If you step up to the 18s, then you are going to have to do something about your brakes. Talk about looking funny.
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears
Cereb Daithi
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Cereb Daithi »

very true haha. I'm also concerned about all the rough-roads driving I do. the 17s are already pushing it in terms of how well they handle the potholes
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

You don't have to worry about pothole damage to your P-7s. Believe me. You will bend or brake other suspension components on your car due to impact before the wheels become un-round.