Did I forget Anything? **56k warning - page 2**

Non-technical forum specific to Subaru. Good example: New model information.

Moderator: Moderators

zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

Phibs wrote:And damn lookie at all the helping people... *cough* *mumble*.
If you are referring to the number of people helping, I would challenge you to point out those that did not lend you help and/or advise on your project.

With your additional offer of help, I count three people. With a total number of 4 (2 experienced WRX wrenchers, 2 less so), I would say that is the minimum number you would need to tackle the list of mods in one day.

I would suggest removing shielding and covers as soon as possible to spray the exhaust components down with liquid wrench or equiv. Then get onto one person installing the fuel pump, one person installing the UTEC, and two people on GBOD detail. This will allow time for the penetrating lubricant to work into the joints, and the exhaust to cool off from skin melting temperatures.

As Darrin and Julian can tell you, it might be a good idea to grab a length of fuel/oil rated hose to extend the oil return hose to aid in installing the new turbo. That stock one can be a bit on the short side. It is amazin what a difference in your life a couple of extra inches can make :twisted: .

Had I not had people in this weekend, I would be all over that install. Oh well, I hear there is a new guy with a fresh 92X that needs molestering...

UTEC is done & available for pickup.
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

Phibs wrote:Did I miss something? I dun see a date or time mentioned here? And damn lookie at all the helping people... *cough* *mumble*.
cheap BBS goldies, I gotta lend a hand for a minute...
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Phibs wrote:And damn lookie at all the helping people... *cough* *mumble*.
Timing my friend, timing... It's all a matter of when people have free time. I'll only be there for a couple of hours since I have obligations later in the day/night.
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
Phibs
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Phibs »

I know I was just giving ya'll shite! But really if you need any more help I'm around I swear I don't break cars ;0 (Darrin does hahaha)
Bryan
2012 WRX 5-Door Limited
drwrx
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by drwrx »

Remember. . . I'm the overtorquer!
GaToR
DCAWD Groupie

Post by GaToR »

I can't seem to find my gloves after Saturday. Anyone have an extra pair of black grippies? I think they are called Seal Skinz.
drwrx
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by drwrx »

I checked my car toolbox and they aren't in any of them.
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Nope, only had my own when I left :(

How did the rest of the day go after I left? I hear you had a couple more things to install on Sunday... How did it go?
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
GaToR
DCAWD Groupie

Post by GaToR »

I just hope I didn't donate them to the garage that kicked us out early. They don't deserve any rewards for that :BS:
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

I ended up with an extra Penn St sweat shirt, a can of PB Blaster and a hip flexor but no gloves.
GaToR
DCAWD Groupie

Post by GaToR »

I found them at the bottom of the washing machine. They must have been in my sweatshirt pocket. Nice and clean now!
:crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

W00t, glad you found them!
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

Phibs
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Phibs »

That's a nice workspace there!
Bryan
2012 WRX 5-Door Limited
drwrx
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by drwrx »

Yep, it made work much easier.
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

Is the kitty litter in the pic where Gabe fell?
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

no i fell in the next bay over (Driver's side of Andrew's car) scrambling to get the guys wheel out from under the lift before he dropped his car on it. no good deed... :oops:

after I fell Andrew dragged out the barrel of kitty litter and we put it to use.
Idaho
I walk to work

Post by Idaho »

That's a true subaru owner right there, giving a hip for a subaru not even owned by him 8)