Subaru staying in teh green

Non-technical forum specific to Subaru. Good example: New model information.

Moderator: Moderators

complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Subaru staying in teh green

Post by complacent »

I thought this had been posted a while back, but here's a USA Today article talking about how the local Subaru plant is landfill free.

I think that's pretty kick ass personally. A big enough deal that it would be weighed in any car shopping I would be doing (were I in the market, that is).

w00t.
colin

a tank, a yammie, a spaceship
i <3 teh 00ntz
Libra Monkee

Re: Subaru staying in teh green

Post by Libra Monkee »

complacent wrote:(were I in the market, that is).
From my experience you're always in the market. I'll see you next year when you tire of "teh new 00ntz".

Libra Monkee- "Helping DCAWD meet its Equal Opportunity requirement since 2006."
ElZorro
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by ElZorro »

We've known eachother for almost 4 years, and you've had ?4? cars and ?4? bikes? Yea, you'll be looking again in 12 months. :)
Jason "El Zorro" Fox
'17 Subaru Forester 2.0XT
DCAWD - old coots in fast scoots.
drwrx
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by drwrx »

Yep, it still makes you want to kick a Prius driver in the nuts.
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

:plusone: Awesome that Subaru is doing it I really wish someone would compare the total pollution generated over the life time of a car, from production to the junk yard. Prius' are full of great chemicals. I can only imagine what is going to happen when the first generation of them starts dying.
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
Bluestreak2006
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Bluestreak2006 »

^^^ What he said!
Jay

11 STI Hatch
"Wagon Mafia"
Stage 1 Baby
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

Those Prius batteries are full of nickel. The Chinese pay the Canadians to mine the stuff, then they boat it over to China for assembly into batteries. Then they ship the batteries back to NA for inclusion onto the car.

How exactly is that saving energy? I would like to know the exact envioronmental impact from the strip mining, transport, assembly, transport, and assembly for each vehicle.
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

zaxrex wrote:Those Prius batteries are full of nickel. The Chinese pay the Canadians to mine the stuff, then they boat it over to China for assembly into batteries. Then they ship the batteries back to NA for inclusion onto the car.

How exactly is that saving energy? I would like to know the exact envioronmental impact from the strip mining, transport, assembly, transport, and assembly for each vehicle.
I'm sure that's one of the factors of that report that came out last year saying that a Prius had more detrimental impact on the environment than an H2. if I weren't at work I would search for it. it may have even been posted somewhere on the forums.
avriette
DCAWD Groupie

Post by avriette »

Mr Kleen wrote:
zaxrex wrote:Those Prius batteries are full of nickel. The Chinese pay the Canadians to mine the stuff, then they boat it over to China for assembly into batteries. Then they ship the batteries back to NA for inclusion onto the car.

I'm sure that's one of the factors of that report that came out last year saying that a Prius had more detrimental impact on the environment than an H2. if I weren't at work I would search for it. it may have even been posted somewhere on the forums.
Add to the above all the numbskulls in the HOV lanes doing 75 in their "hybrids." You'd get better mileage from a corvette in sixth.
rocket scientist