SCC Project 08 WRX makes big gains with Legacy K&N intak

2.0, 2.5, NA, FI, it's all good in here

Moderator: Moderators

drwrx
DCAWD Founding Member

SCC Project 08 WRX makes big gains with Legacy K&N intak

Post by drwrx »

There is a complete write-up on what they have done so far:
brakes, wheels & tires, coliovers, mirrors, chin spoiler, flat black paint and a K&N Legacy Intake that netted peak horsepower and torque gains of 27 wheel-hp and 32lb-ft. The article doesn't mention a tune, so i can only guess that it is untuned.

Link to the dyno graph:
http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/proje ... to_15.html
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

That's an insane gain from an untuned intake! The new head design (DAVCS etc.) have really allowed some impressive gains!
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by complacent »

I can't wait to see what happens with reflashes.
colin

a tank, a yammie, a spaceship
i <3 teh 00ntz
drwrx
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by drwrx »

Sabre wrote:That's an insane gain from an untuned intake! The new head design (DAVCS etc.) have really allowed some impressive gains!
I can't explain why the gains are so great, but I think you may have hit the nail on the head. From what I've read, the new ECU is very adaptive and very aggresive (there have been remarks that it runs very lean before 3,500 RPMs, close to 14:1 AFR) with a great deal of timing advance. Prior to the Dual AVCS only the intake valves were affected. my guess is now that both the intake and exhaust work together, you may well see some dramatic increases from pre combustion modifications.