worth 52k?

Non-technical forum specific to Subaru. Good example: New model information.

Moderator: Moderators

bdub
Bicycle

worth 52k?

Post by bdub »

+ward!
2007 OBP sti
chicken n waffles

Post by chicken n waffles »

eh, if you're a rally racer and need something ready out of the box, maybe. for your average joe, not on your life.
-Ben
Libra Monkee

Post by Libra Monkee »

Yeah, if I was looking for a track car I'd be all over it. But that thing is so illegal to drive on the street.

Libra Monkee- "Helping DCAWD meet its Equal Opportunity requirement since 2006."
TAPOUT
Unicycle

Post by TAPOUT »

I bet you couldn't build one for that price...
Idaho
I walk to work

Post by Idaho »

Funny, for all of those mods I didn't see a single thing about a multi-thousand dollar suspension that would normally go into those cars....
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

True, suspension seems a bit lacking. Since this was a salvaged title, I wonder what frame damage exists.

One could deduce that they are selling theor one and only flagship? http://www.bmnperformance.com/rally.html
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears
Idaho
I walk to work

Post by Idaho »

I suppose so. Funny how they state they are the one stop place for professional rally cars being that they (or maybe one guy selling the car) said it took over 2 years to make that "rally". Maybe they meant to say it was the one stop shop for making your car look like a rally car...?

Also I wouldn't go advertising pictures of engines that look like hoses that are supposed to be on something are hanging off.....

zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

When you have removed the throttle body, intercooler and turbo, there are going to be some lines left that would normally hold on to what you just took off. That, and most of the pics on that page are of the work in progress.

In this case particular, that is the throttle body coolant line. Really only needed in very cold climates to keep the throttle from getting frozen. Otherwise, it just heats up the throttle body and the air that goes through it. I made a bypass for mine and say be damned with the occasional brisk weather. Has worked for me so far.
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears