Forester buddy flagged down Pastrana's new ride...

Non-technical forum specific to Subaru. Good example: New model information.

Moderator: Moderators

sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Forester buddy flagged down Pastrana's new ride...

Post by sirwilliam »

This happened to me about a month ago, I've been away from the forums lately, sorry. I was on the Northway here in Upstate New York and I passed this guy transporting an MY08 Rally WRX with Pastrana's number and such. I was like WHAT!? So I flagged the guy down into a rest stop. He was transporting it to Vermont, most likely Vermont SportsCar where the Subaru USA Rally Team has their cars done. He had been transporting it from Las Vegas he told me, I don't know why. So he was going to go to the bathroom and tossed me the keys to check it out. I opened the door...Kind of empty, besides the roll cage, steering wheel, and E-Brake. I forgot to check out the engine bay though. So I don't know what the deal is with this car, if it's his upcoming car? Sorry if I'm posting like old news everyone knows about... Here's a few pictures.
And the pics he took:

2004 SG Model A PearlBlackObsidian (RIP)
2008 SG Model D BlueRallyWorld

"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story." -Barney Stinson
"Nothing shuts my pie-hole but pie." -Shawn Spencer
sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

oh, and a shot from the XGames...(what car and where is pastrana? :lol: ):

"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story." -Barney Stinson
Cereb Daithi
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Cereb Daithi »

Thats not it. And I know it to be true because I talked with Travis himself. That's the mockup/rolling shell that was made for SEMA in Vegas. The car doesn't even have suspension. Pastrana will be getting an STi. Kind of funny if you look where the drivers seat is there are a bunch of the posters that he was signing before the interview.

Look forward to seeing him in the new one though.
Last edited by Cereb Daithi on Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

Cereb Daithi wrote:Thats not it. And I know it to be true because I talked with Travis himself. That's the mockup that was made for SEMA in Vegas. The car doesn't even have suspension. Pastrana will be getting an STi.
Oh, okay...good to know. Thanks.

Cereb Daithi
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Cereb Daithi »

When I arrived at SEMA I was scared myself because I saw it sitting there before our interview and thought "oh no..." but according to him as well as a few of the other Subaru execs... that was just sort of a teaser demonstration.

Although I'm not sure why it was on it's way to vermont sports car.

Logically though I seriously doubt SOA would send out their two poster-boys in anything less than the top model.
chicken n waffles

Post by chicken n waffles »

Cereb Daithi wrote:Thats not it. And I know it to be true because I talked with Travis himself. That's the mockup/rolling shell that was made for SEMA in Vegas. The car doesn't even have suspension. Pastrana will be getting an STi. Kind of funny if you look where the drivers seat is there are a bunch of the posters that he was signing before the interview.

Look forward to seeing him in the new one though.
thank you. i'm getting so tired of people thinking that's pastrana's actual car. it's a wrx shell with blinged paint.
-Ben
Libra Monkee

Post by Libra Monkee »

Haha I was about to say that didn't look like an STi.

Libra Monkee- "Helping DCAWD meet its Equal Opportunity requirement since 2006."