Trying to Get a name of Someone on - Tactrix Help

Non-technical forum specific to Subaru. Good example: New model information.

Moderator: Moderators

Idaho
I walk to work

Trying to Get a name of Someone on - Tactrix Help

Post by Idaho »

Sorry, I'm horrible with names. From the last meet at D & B's I was talking with some of you guys about open source tuning and what not. Just so happens I'm getting a tactrix cable on friday from a local and was looking to get a map loaded this weekend.

I'm sorry I can't remember names, but whoever it was I was talking with you about maps and you mentioned a specific person that had dyno proven maps available for 50 bucks and what not. You were on the end of the table across from me, the end we were passing the Iphone around on.

We also talked about tickets and cities and states are only using the system to make money.

So if that was you, speak up please! 8)

Anyways, looking for any help to get into open source using the soon-to-be-mine tactrix this weekend. Gabe (Mr. Kleen) is also going to be helping me install a new TMIC as well on sunday. So, the only tuning I would need is basically a stage 1 map to include adjustments (if any) for my larger TMIC and my cat-back.

Any help I could get in general to get a RELIABLE AND SAFE tune with the tactrix would be greatly appreciated.
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by complacent »

First guess - drwrx.

He and I (along with most of us here) share a disdain for the methodology utilized under the guise of "safety"

I'll wait for him to chime in.
colin

a tank, a yammie, a spaceship
i <3 teh 00ntz
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Might have been me, but I'm old and can't remember, haha.
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
drwrx
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by drwrx »

It was me.

Here is the site I spoke of:
http://www.xpttuning.com/xptstore/

Prices stating at $52 up to $149.

Look around the site and see what matches up to what you want/have.
I've seen many the dyno sheets up on NASIOC in the Proven Power section by folks using his MAPs. As long as you follow exactly what he has on the list you will see similar results.
Idaho
I walk to work

Post by Idaho »

Thank you! I thought your names was along those lines but looking in the thread about the last meet I didn't see it. Perhaps I skipped over it. Thank you for the link though, it's greatly appreciated!
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

no tuning necessary for a larger TMIC and/or CBE.
when I went Stage 1 with my AP I could tell a difference but the real payoff was Stage 2. 8)
Idaho
I walk to work

Post by Idaho »

Mr Kleen wrote: but the real payoff was Stage 2. 8)

It's on the way.....