DCAWD Meet - Monday, October 4th, 2004

All about DCAWD Meets

Moderator: Moderators

ElZorro
DCAWD Founding Member

DCAWD Meet - Monday, October 4th, 2004

Post by ElZorro »

Hello all,
The next meeting of DC All Wheel Drive will be on Monday 10/04/04. This is a dinner meet, so we will be meeting directly at Hard Times in Springfield for dinner. We'll plan on starting dinner around 8:00, please plan on arriving on time or a little late. This will not be our usual "hang-out" meet, only come by if you are planning on having dinner. We do not believe Hard Times or Fairfax County will appriciate 80 cars hanging out in that tiny parking lot.

Hard Times Cafe is located at:
6362 Springfield Plaza
Springfield, VA 22150
703-913-5600

Link of map: here

Pictures of past meets can be found here.

Most up to date information found in our forum here.

Let me know if you are coming so that we can try to keep an accurate count for the restaurant.

PLEASE keep things reasonable coming into the parking lot. Take care all and I hope to see you there!

Note: This is an AWD, we meet no matter what Mother Nature throws at us!

Elzorro

P.S. If you have troubles getting there or want to ask questions, feel free to call us at 2/255-3094

So far:
1.) Elzorro (Red XT)
2.) Sabre (WRB STI)
3.) Bluscooby23 (WRB WRX)
4.) Thermobox (Wht STi)
Last edited by ElZorro on Mon Oct 04, 2004 7:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jason "El Zorro" Fox
'17 Subaru Forester 2.0XT
DCAWD - old coots in fast scoots.
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by complacent »

WTF????? Wha' happened? I though we had a pretty good understanding with mgmt? That sux0rz.
ElZorro
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by ElZorro »

No problem with managment, they were willing to invite us back if the size of the group was smaller. We're just victims of Matt's success. :)
Jason "El Zorro" Fox
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by complacent »

niice... oh well. we'll just have to figure something else out.
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Ya, Karen (the property manager) said if we could keep it to 18-20 cars, it would be fine.... somehow, I don't think that is going to happen...
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
ElZorro
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by ElZorro »

Even if we "purify the ranks" and and un-invite all of our our misguided friends without AWD cars we'll be over that. :)
Jason "El Zorro" Fox
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

elzorro wrote:Even if we "purify the ranks" and and un-invite all of our our misguided friends without AWD cars we'll be over that. :)
<said with heavy german accent>Ya woll mine furer!</german accent>
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
thermobox
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by thermobox »

damn. sorry guys. maybe i got a little out of control? maybe we can start meeting at fairfax towncenter? because our meets are generally mon- thur.
i can't see any conflicts with homegrown motorports and dragva.com's friday meets. it should be pretty much dead there mon-thurs. and we can have the top deck or basement level. the owner is supposed to be some kinda car buff and likes to have the cars there so they chase away the skaters and graf taggers. i bet he'd be cool with it.
Midnightracer22
I'm a n000b

Post by Midnightracer22 »

wow... yeah we have a regular little car show going on everytime we meet up... hopefully by the time the next thursday meet comes up we will have everything figured out... :D

sheesh... this is the second place we have been kicked out of... g'luck... hopefully stuff will come through for us all!!
ElZorro
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by ElZorro »

No, like I said (I think on NASIOC), there weren't any problems other than the size. I think everyone enjoys seeing all the different cars, keep up the great work Matt. We'd like to keep the meets down in the Springfield/Alexandria area, it seems that about half the members are from around there. Worse comes to worse we'll definetly be considering FXTC, it's a much shorter drive for me. :) Before we do that I'd talk to the FXIC folks (for non-NASIOC folks, that's a Impreza group that meets in Chantilly) and see what they think about us getting so close to their turf.

But, even though we haven't had any problems, we want to be more careful the next couple meets, with the fatal accidents in MD recently the police will be extra vigilent.
Jason "El Zorro" Fox
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Add me to the list

Post by zaxrex »

If things go right Monday, I'll be driving back from Gaitherburg from dropping my tranny and gears off at Hillmuth for Andrew up there.

I'll swing on over and eats wit da peeps.
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears
DamSedan
I walk to work

Post by DamSedan »

Can't make this one and I really do not want to. Not that I do not want to see you guys but I can not stand showing up in a car that has hardly any mods on it. It is killing me and has been doing so for more than a month now. Hopefully all the parts will show up this week and I can do an install this weekend. I should have it all done for the next meet! Wish me luck and I will see you then!
I will always be the DRNWAGN!
2WDrift
I'm a n000b

Post by 2WDrift »

Sabre wrote:
elzorro wrote:Even if we "purify the ranks" and and un-invite all of our our misguided friends without AWD cars we'll be over that. :)
<said with heavy german accent>Ya woll mine furer!</german accent>
Yep, the poll shows the majority of drivers on this site are RWD. :twisted: :P
Last edited by 2WDrift on Mon Oct 04, 2004 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gary
"Drift it, but don't spin..." Tanner Foust, Fed Ex 10/29/06
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

DRNWAGN wrote:Can't make this one and I really do not want to. Not that I do not want to see you guys but I can not stand showing up in a car that has hardly any mods on it. It is killing me and has been doing so for more than a month now. Hopefully all the parts will show up this week and I can do an install this weekend. I should have it all done for the next meet! Wish me luck and I will see you then!
You know we don't care if you have mods done, it's the company and commrodery that matters! If you need any help, let me know. I should be around this weekend.
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
DamSedan
I walk to work

Post by DamSedan »

it should be straight forward so I do not predict any issues really. But I will be ready to run with you guys to the Hard Times! Maybe blow a few flames and make alot of noise along the way! That is what is killing me. The lack of all of that fun!!!!!!
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

DRNWAGN wrote:it should be straight forward so I do not predict any issues really. But I will be ready to run with you guys to the Hard Times! Maybe blow a few flames and make alot of noise along the way! That is what is killing me. The lack of all of that fun!!!!!!
I need to get rid eof my resonator, then we're going to line up at the "bridge" and do synchonized flame balls ;)
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
ElZorro
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by ElZorro »

That was a good time, thanks to everyone who came out despite the lack of standing around in a parking lot and talking about tire sizes!
Jason "El Zorro" Fox
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

Hey we tried our best to talk shop.
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears
MYTRX
I'm a n000b

Post by MYTRX »

It was nice meeting and trying to place names to faces... cars to names... I look forward to more meets. For those I didn't get to meet, I will see you at the next one--hopefully.
DamSedan
I walk to work

Post by DamSedan »

So what is up with the next meet? Where are we going to go? Is it just going to be a dinner thing? there is always Rockville. We could all meet in the parking lot at TGIF hang out and get something to eat there. I know it is out of the way for alot of folks but the fact that there is already huge meets going on there on Fri / Sat I do not see why we could not just do it there. If anyone is interested I could check with the management at the store fronts and see what they have to say. Just a thought. Hopefully you guys will get something worked out for down that way as many of the member come from around there.

We managed to have about 6 wrx, sti, 1 forester out at Rockville on Saturday night. Funny how many people came to have a look but no one else wanted to park next to us!
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

We've been looking at alot of places, but that's definitely a thought to have it up that way :)
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI