Redline Time Attack - Summit Point - September 29th-30th

Meets/events for other car clubs in the area

Moderator: Moderators

Nikolas@Redline
I'm a n000b

Redline Time Attack - Summit Point - September 29th-30th

Post by Nikolas@Redline »

Hello everyone! It's that time again. Redline Time Attack will be visiting Summit Point Raceway in West Virginia for the 2nd year in a row. We are looking forward to this event with a lot of anticipation. Our inaugural event last year was a success and we expect this year's event to be nothing short of outstanding.

More and more top tuner companies and racers are expressing interest in coming out and being involved. We will be expanding our High Performance Driving Event on the Saturday of the event with formal instruction available to everyone (and mandatory for first timers). We're working on a much larger vendor midway and manufacturer presence this year, including representation from tire manufacturers and vehicle manufacturers.

For those of you interested in taking your car out on the track, we have kept our entry fees very reasonable for this year. The entry fee for Saturday's High Performance Driving Event is only $175 and you can expect to receive 2.5 hours of On Track time. There is no racing on Saturday, simply hot lapping and practice.

The entry fee for the Redline Time Attack on Sunday is only $200. If you want to attend both days of the event, the entry fee is only $350.

Here is a link to our registration page for the event:

http://www.redlinetrackevents.com/cp/sc ... ategory=27

We are working on a couple of ideas for a pre-event promotional date. We also may have some musical entertainment the day of the event. Please visit our website for updates on what you can expect to see at the event (drivers, teams, vendors, entertainment, etc). Spectator entry fee for the event will only be $15 (good for both days)... and if you get your hands on one of our event promotional fliers, those are good for $5 off (you will also be able to download the coupon from our website).

If you have any questions for me, please post them here. You can also call us if you have a question that you need answered quickly. We hope to see some of you out at the track!

Nikolas
Nikolas

President
Redline Track Events
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

I'm SO happy to see this post... almost brings tears to my eyes! *Hopefully* my turbo will be back before then so that I can have a good time... otherwise I'll be rocking my stock turbo!

See you all there!
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

I'm going to move this to "Other Club Events" so it gets a little more traffic. 8)

will there be instructors on hand for the Saturday track time? I have a friend who is may be interested in signing up but she is absolutely new to the concept of a track day.
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

IIRC, there are instructors around that can help her, but it's not official unless something has changed. There are a good few of us who could take her out and show her the ropes too :)
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
Nikolas@Redline
I'm a n000b

Instructors: This year we are hiring the guys at Get Fast and we'll have formal instruction this year. Instruction is mandatory for all "first timers" and is available to everyone else. The cost for instruction is $50.... Combined with the track day of $175 the value is pretty hard to beat.
Nikolas

President
Redline Track Events
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Wow, GREAT news! Thanks Nikolas!
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
spazegun2213
teh Spaz

Post by spazegun2213 »

I'll be there instructing for redline as well
96 328, heated leather seats... ummm

Gone But not forgotten
'05 Black Sti, the car that started it all
84 944, my first race car.. what a pos
83 944.. 150hp of FURY, Rookie of the year chariot
ElZorro
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by ElZorro »

This might be another one I go out and take pictures for... Post up when you register!
Jason "El Zorro" Fox
'17 Subaru Forester 2.0XT
DCAWD - old coots in fast scoots.
Nikolas@Redline
I'm a n000b

For anyone wishing to attend the event as a spectator, and who wish to represent the club/forum... You can use this link:

http://redlinetrackevents.com/cp/Script ... product=89

If you guys want to have an official DCAWD area of the paddock, get enough of you together and all purchase your tickets this way! :-)
Nikolas

President
Redline Track Events
Nikolas@Redline
I'm a n000b

We're now less than 3 weeks away from the event. Demand has been strong so far and we expect the event to completely sell out. If you are interested in participating in the Open Track day on Saturday, please register soon.
Nikolas

President
Redline Track Events
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

Hey, my business trip got canceled. I get to go now. Me so happy.
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears
Nikolas@Redline
I'm a n000b

We just confirmed that the television show "RedlineTV", as seen on SPEED, will be at the Summit Point event capturing footage for a future 30 minute episode covering the entire event! This is great news for all Time Attack fans and enthusiasts as the sport of Time Attack racing continues to gather attention and continues to grow!
Nikolas

President
Redline Track Events
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

VERY good news!
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
nhat
I'm a n000b

Post by nhat »

anybody going on the 29th? i'm off at 2 and would like to know who's gonna be there!
04 jbp sti
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

nhat wrote:anybody going on the 29th? i'm off at 2 and would like to know who's gonna be there!
DCAWD will have a contingent on hand for both days, come on out! there are rumors of Beercheese on Saturday...

also, check out this thread for more info.
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by complacent »

*HUGE* thanks to Nikolas at Redline for setting up the event and letting us set up a booth!! Awesome weekend!
colin

a tank, a yammie, a spaceship
i <3 teh 00ntz
Libra Monkee

Post by Libra Monkee »

complacent wrote:*HUGE* thanks to Nikolas at Redline for setting up the event and letting us set up a booth!! Awesome weekend!
QFT

Great times were had. The cars were wonderful. The bikes were frightening (in a good way).

Libra Monkee- "Helping DCAWD meet its Equal Opportunity requirement since 2006."
Nikolas@Redline
I'm a n000b

Thanks to everyone who came out to the event!

We are looking forward to coming out next year to Summit and VIR and may even be adding two more North East events to our schedule.
Nikolas

President
Redline Track Events
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

good times! I will absolutely be at at least one of the events next year.
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Same here! Just make sure they don't happen on Oct 4th.... I'd hate to miss my own wedding for a race (esp. since I was in a wedding for this years :(
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
ElZorro
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by ElZorro »

Sabre wrote:Same here! Just make sure they don't happen on Oct 4th.... I'd hate to miss my own wedding for a race (esp. since I was in a wedding for this years :(
Whats the big deal, you act like its the only time you're ever gonna get married... :roll:

hahahahah :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jason "El Zorro" Fox
'17 Subaru Forester 2.0XT
DCAWD - old coots in fast scoots.
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

:shock: :finger:

Besides, half the club will be at the wedding ;)
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
chicken n waffles

Post by chicken n waffles »

Sabre wrote::shock: :finger:

Besides, half the club will be at the wedding ;)
i'll be there with my :postwhore: sign ready to go
-Ben
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

:lol2: I can't wait :)
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI