'08 STi video - testing at the 'ring

Non-technical forum specific to Subaru. Good example: New model information.

Moderator: Moderators

Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

'08 STi video - testing at the 'ring

Post by Mr Kleen »

YouTube Link

does that sound like an STi to you? but then again I'm not a fan of the 08 so maybe I'm biased... :?
thermobox
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by thermobox »

how do they know it's a 2.5? it's a right driver so it's prolly the 2.0. sounds like a boxer to me. just muffled with an sti exhaust. and i'm there with you bro. not a fan of the 08 at all. but i'm sure that will change once the aftermarket embraces the sedan and hatch.
widebody kits, aero devices, big rims/rubber. i'm kinda hopin they get a little more agro with the wrc cars, so we can see replicas.
chicken n waffles

Post by chicken n waffles »

sounds awful (but it's a compressed youtube video), looks mediocre. it doesn't have that oddball "wtf is that?" look that endears me to subarus.

i give up trying to disect the 08 sti. i'm just going to have to reserve further commentary until i see the final product on the street.

:tears:
-Ben
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

I'm REALLY hoping that is a WRX with a wing that was out there... It doesn't look like a wide body STI pictures we've been seeing. Let's hope this isn't it.

Is it really Oct 10th that it will be revealed?
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

Sabre wrote:I'm REALLY hoping that is a WRX with a wing that was out there... It doesn't look like a wide body STI pictures we've been seeing. Let's hope this isn't it.
I see fender flairs in the video. :? remember that the WRX has no fender flairs at all.
Chicken & Waffles wrote:Picard
+1 :(
Libra Monkee

Post by Libra Monkee »

Uh... no. Not feeling it. The pitch is all wrong. Let's hope that sound has something to do with the camera they used coupled with the video being transcoded into Flash.

Libra Monkee- "Helping DCAWD meet its Equal Opportunity requirement since 2006."