Hi Flow Cat

Audi too loud or not loud enough?

Moderator: Moderators

AWDMONSTER
I'm a n000b

Hi Flow Cat

Post by AWDMONSTER »

whats up everyone.... I just got my Helix up and Down pipes, and HKS cat back exhaust. I wanted to know do I need a Hi-flo cat? :?:
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by complacent »

Two answers here...

SHOULD you have at least one cat for emissions purposes, YES.

Do you need one for the car to function properly? NO.

The rest is up to you. I know more than a few (including myself) who do not have any... Not the most eco-friendly solution out there. And I am currently looking into a catted solution to get rid of both the noise and the smell. Trust me, you don't want to follow behind me on the way to dinner, and any cop will feel the same way, if not worse. What risks is a few extra HP worth to you? Hope this helps.

colin
DamSedan
I walk to work

Post by DamSedan »

Been catless before as well as ran a TXS set up with hi flo cat. Both netted good hp but the catted version was a little quieter but not too much. The smell was much better however. The down side is having to add the cat if you have emissions as well as the lack of ability to throw flames!!!! Hopefully I will have the flame throwing capabilities again by the end of the weekend!
I will always be the DRNWAGN!
ElZorro
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by ElZorro »

You better get pictures. :)
Jason "El Zorro" Fox
'17 Subaru Forester 2.0XT
DCAWD - old coots in fast scoots.
DamSedan
I walk to work

Post by DamSedan »

I have a new digital camera that will record 2-3 minute clips so it is possible. I will now have to get someone to drive behind me as I attempt to make it throw some more firballs. We will just have to see. I definately want one as I would love to have one as a screen saver!
AWDMONSTER
I'm a n000b

Post by AWDMONSTER »

Thanx 4 the info Fella's!
AWDMONSTER
I'm a n000b

Post by AWDMONSTER »

Every now and then I get Bluish white smoke out of the exhaust, I took it to the dealer and had all the seals and turbo checked, everything was fine "according to the dealer" What do you guys think? norm? or no? :?:
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

I would not think it was normal. Do you see it out of your mirrio, or do people behind you tell you about it? Is it under accel, or just randomly?

First thing that pops into my mind without knowing all of the details is that the PCV valve is getting stuck sometimes. I bet if you put an oil catch can on there, the smoke would go away.
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears
AWDMONSTER
I'm a n000b

Post by AWDMONSTER »

it only does it @ idle, here and there but not all the time
DamSedan
I walk to work

Post by DamSedan »

oil can is a tight fit depending on which one you get. I have mine mounted next to the battery bolted to the tie down screw. Fits perfect. I am running a Cusco can. I tried to get my hands on the Perrin one but all the damn sti guys had bought them up from just about everywhere! I sware, no love for the Forester out there! But Cusco adds a little bling in there anyway! More bling in the mail. Hopefully it will get here this week.