The headlight mod???

Make your baby look great!

Moderator: Moderators

Bluestreak2006
DCAWD Groupie

The headlight mod???

Post by Bluestreak2006 »

Well my wife has frozen my account and doing anything worthwhile to the wagon is postponed. So I was thinking of doing some DIY stuff on the cheap. I was thinking of painting the headlight housing's black. Only prob is I would really like to find someone who has done it before to help me out. IF any of my fellow members have some experience doing this help a poor brother out. I'm married for god's sake. j/k
Jay

11 STI Hatch
"Wagon Mafia"
Stage 1 Baby
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

:shock: That sucks!

Gabe (MrKleen) cleared his headlights, which I think is what you might want. Not too hard from what I hear, just time consuming.
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

I didn't paint, just cleared. I followed the NASIOC write-up. the only difficult part is putting them back together without getting the sealant on any part of the reflectors. take your time, you should be just fine.
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

I'm not up on the '06's, but I would make sure that the headlisghts are put together the same as the previous models. Not that I think anything would change, but they might have changed the tabs, cleats, or fasteners that you might need to put it all back together.

Just pre-cautionary.
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears