FYI: Protest concert September 24 @ Washington Monument

Post up about anything DC! Shows, restaurants, cell phone providers, cable companies, parks, festivals, etc

Moderator: Moderators

Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

FYI: Protest concert September 24 @ Washington Monument

Post by Mr Kleen »

:!: PLEASE NOTE: The opinions expressed by Mr Kleen do not necessarily represent those of DCAWD, it's management, or any other members. :!:

Join Jello Biafra, Greg Palast, and The Bellrays at Operation Ceasefire, a new coalition of concerned musicians, for a massive anti-war concert/rally at the Washington Monument on September 24th in Washington, D.C.! This free concert features Thievery Corporation, LeTigre, Bouncing Souls, Ted Leo & The Pharmacists, Steve Earle, The Bellrays, Machetres, The Coup, Head-Roc, Sweet Honey In The Rock, The Evens, and Wayne Kramer of the MC5 performing with The Bellrays!!! Jello Biafra will be the M.C. and Greg Palast, investigative journalist, author, and AT spoken word artist will speak.

This event will be a centerpiece of what is expected to be 4 days of enormous protests in nation's capital in support of a full withdrawal of U.S. forces from the quagmire in Iraq.
More information at http://www.opceasefire.org/
WRXWagon2112
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by WRXWagon2112 »

Jello Biafra is still around? I haven't hear anything from him since, what?, some other band he had called "Lard" (I think).

--Alan
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

yeah, Jello is more of a "personality" these days than a musician. he's doing the spoken word thing and organizing lots of stuff with his Alternative Tentacles company. I need to re-buy all my DK stuff on CD one of these days...
WRXWagon2112
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by WRXWagon2112 »

I've got Frankenchrist on CD if you want a copy.

--Alan