buncha new pictarz of the 08 impreza

Non-technical forum specific to Subaru. Good example: New model information.

Moderator: Moderators

chicken n waffles

buncha new pictarz of the 08 impreza

Post by chicken n waffles »

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/2008-subaru-impreza/

i gotta be totally honest... yeah, it's bland on the outside, and the hatch's chrome tail makes me want to shoot old women in the face, but i like the interior styling (although i'd prefer it black and grey). the sedan wouldn't be so bad with better wheels/tires, grill, tint.

:o
-Ben
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by complacent »

:plusone:

The interior does look pretty nice...
colin

a tank, a yammie, a spaceship
i <3 teh 00ntz
sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

I have thought for the past few years that subaru has done a good job w/ the interior of most of the subarus. I really want the spaceship cockpit from the Tribeca in my forester...not everyone likes that but I don't care.

I am probably one of the only people that like the current revealed pic of the '08 STi. But yeah, those rear taillights have to go on it. I am sure the exterior of the '08 imprezas will eventually grow on us all just like the '06 + '07 designs which at first I didn't like so much but now I think they look good.
2004 SG Model A PearlBlackObsidian (RIP)
2008 SG Model D BlueRallyWorld

"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story." -Barney Stinson
"Nothing shuts my pie-hole but pie." -Shawn Spencer
chicken n waffles

sirwilliam wrote:I am sure the exterior of the '08 imprezas will eventually grow on us all just like the '06 + '07 designs which at first I didn't like so much but now I think they look good.
yep. i hated the 06-07 pignose at first, but it... um... grew on me. :leaving:

i miss stereo controls on the steering wheel... the ONE good thing about my former mazda6. :cry:
-Ben
Cereb Daithi
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Cereb Daithi »

i hate to go against the popular opinion (i usually agree with you guys on this stuff) but i find that interior to be slightly...well.. ugly. The tones are nice and it actually all looks very nice and flows well until you get to... the HVAC.... :puke:

honestly. flat face with big boxy flat square vents? I'm sorry but thats hideous to me. Straight on it looks ok but from an angle its ghastly.

on the plus side the new steering wheel controls look sexy (i LOVED having those on the mazda) and the rest of the interior gets a plus. but that center console just strikes me as ugly.

still. even with that i must admit they have improved the interior. it looks a lot less cheap and plain
Last edited by Cereb Daithi on Fri May 18, 2007 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
chicken n waffles

wood achieved, save for the seat material. it's quite nice for an econobox. can't wait to see the sti interior.
-Ben
Cereb Daithi
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Cereb Daithi »

sexy. i'm still not feeling the hvac though. i must say I am in love with the black LCD with whiteish lettering. My friend's 07 outback has it and im jealous. Subaru has definetly taken a step in the right direction with their gauge clusters. It looks like all models have now escaped the econo-green color
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

if I could only get the 08 Impreza interior and the 08 Mini exterior I'd be set. as it is the 08 Impreza exterior and 08 Mini interior are on my hate list and would prevent me from buying either car.
Libra Monkee

Post by Libra Monkee »

Okay I will give it up for t3h n00 interior. But it'll take a lot more than that for me to get behind a hatchback.

Libra Monkee- "Helping DCAWD meet its Equal Opportunity requirement since 2006."
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

The new interior I think does look nice. They definitely borrowed heavily from the Tribeca on the lines and such. I'm REALLY eager to see what the interior looks like on the STI as well.

BTW, is it me or does the hood scoop look bigger for some reason... hmm.....
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
chicken n waffles

i can't decide if it's an optical illusion or not. it does look wider though. maybe it's the body lines and how they make the front end look seriously raked. shrug.
-Ben
MikeO
I'm a n000b

Post by MikeO »

I like the interior as well... it reminds me alot of the new civic interior.

With some nice wheels, get rid of those tails, and maybe the grill i think the car would look pretty good. I'm saving my real opinion for seeing the car in person.
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

chicken n waffles wrote:i can't decide if it's an optical illusion or not. it does look wider though. maybe it's the body lines and how they make the front end look seriously raked. shrug.
it's the same width as the last body style but without the fender flairs, so the entire '08 body is the same width as the older fenders.
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by complacent »

That dash would look PIMP in a GC. :pimp:
colin

a tank, a yammie, a spaceship
i <3 teh 00ntz
chicken n waffles

complacent wrote::pimp:
:shock:
-Ben
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

:postwhore:
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
chicken n waffles

-Ben