P-Tuning Dyno day

Meets/events for other car clubs in the area

Moderator: Moderators

drwrx
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by drwrx »

sirwilliam wrote:Do you have an aftermarket DP as well?

If not, I would just wait to put it all on at once. Otherwise, it will be a waste of a gasket and there won't be that good a seal using the donut gasket unless your catback utilizes a donut flange which I would then say nevermind, go at it!

BTW, what catback did you end up w/?
I've got an oakos down-pipe on the way and I got a 3" WBR axle-back to match a 3" bosal mid-pipe I had laying around. I'm keeping the stock mid-cat pipe as I wanted to have at least one cat in the system and it's the least restrictive. On my WRX many years ago I had a bosal (shorty) down-pipe and kept the stock cat-pipe and dynoed 262 whp. Later, I got an Injen belmouth 3" down-pipe and welded in a Dynacat super high-flow metal substrate cat. I did another dyno run later and what did I gain? 2 whp! I have since seen many folks put down very good numbers with the stock mid-cat, take a look at Matt's LGT for a good example (258 whp 298 ftlbs w/ a stromung dp and the stock 2.5" mid-cat pipe).
sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

Darrin,

Sent you a PM w/ the tuner's number.

-Will
2004 SG Model A PearlBlackObsidian (RIP)
2008 SG Model D BlueRallyWorld

"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story." -Barney Stinson
"Nothing shuts my pie-hole but pie." -Shawn Spencer
NeoZERO
I'm a n000b

Post by NeoZERO »

well here is another one I'll be at. I just got UTEC, and I need some maps. Maybe you can all laugh at the squeaking brakes again...good times.
spazegun2213
teh Spaz

Post by spazegun2213 »

i dont know if i posted here, but due to lack of interest the event has been canceled.
96 328, heated leather seats... ummm

Gone But not forgotten
'05 Black Sti, the car that started it all
84 944, my first race car.. what a pos
83 944.. 150hp of FURY, Rookie of the year chariot
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

I have plenty of interest, just not the ability.
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears