New Member Welcome Section

New to DCAWD? Looking for someone, see someone, found a spotted card or just want to say hi? Come on in!

Moderator: Moderators

chicken n waffles

Post by chicken n waffles »

avriette wrote:
chicken n waffles wrote: the complicated workings of 6 gears plus reverse lockout. they'd probably slam it into 6th and plow forward into something. NO THANKS.
Whoa, whoa, whoa. I always worry about valeting the STI because somebody will go joyriding with it (we just check the odo before we park it)... but I never thought that people would have a hard time with *reverse*! Does that happen?!!
i wouldn't put it past them to not look at the shift pattern on the knob, put it in 6th assuming it's reverse, and fsck something up.
-Ben
chicken n waffles

so i just found out that STiLe works in my office. lol. where are we going for chow? ruby's?
-Ben
Cereb Daithi
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Cereb Daithi »

avriette wrote: Whoa, whoa, whoa. I always worry about valeting the STI because somebody will go joyriding with it (we just check the odo before we park it)... but I never thought that people would have a hard time with *reverse*! Does that happen?!!
I was looking at an STi that had been at a local dealership a few months ago. The salesman said he'd back it out for me since i OBVIOUSLY have never driven a car in my life before and had every intention of wrecking it. So he gets in, starts it up.... and lurches to a halt.. damn near slams into a light pole. and oh look no reverse lights. you guessed it. he tried to back up in 6th gear. i had to poke my head in and calmly remind him to pull the reverse lockout.... this is a SUBARU DEALER.. so yes. apparently that is too complicated for some people
STiLe
I walk to work

Post by STiLe »

I could do ruby's. What time?
chicken n waffles

12:30?
-Ben
Libra Monkee

Post by Libra Monkee »

Work's for me!

Libra Monkee- "Helping DCAWD meet its Equal Opportunity requirement since 2006."
STiLe
I walk to work

Post by STiLe »

Solid, 12:30 it is...