It's here

Non-technical forum specific to Subaru. Good example: New model information.

Moderator: Moderators

Cereb Daithi
DCAWD Groupie

It's here

Post by Cereb Daithi »

Libra Monkee

Post by Libra Monkee »

The lightning doesn't make it cool. It still lost what was left of it's aggressive styling. Expect to see more soccer moms and octogenarians behind the wheel of these things.

Check out the video.
Does it come with Pez

Libra Monkee- "Helping DCAWD meet its Equal Opportunity requirement since 2006."
Cereb Daithi
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Cereb Daithi »

yeah im not a fan. the older imprezas werent supermodels either but they at least knew what they were and weren't afraid to look tough. this new batch looks way too... normal
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

You know, the 06's I liked immediately... this.... might have to grow on me.... lets hope it's not like a spore though.....
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

rebirth of a legend??? :rolllaugh: :rolllaugh: :rolllaugh: :rolllaugh:
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by complacent »

not sure how i feel yet, i wanna see one in person first.

:shock:
colin

a tank, a yammie, a spaceship
i <3 teh 00ntz
thermobox
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by thermobox »

i'm very disapointed. but it means that mine will stay in the garage that much longer. maybe the sti will make up for the exterior short comings of the standard wrx.
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

^^^ One can only hope...
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
Osiros
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Osiros »

I'll be the first one to come right out and say that this thing looks like shit. It has absolutely nothing left of what made the WRX (when it was first released) a car that drove by and made you say "what was that??" and then jump on the interwebs to try to learn more about it. It's not aggressive. It's not really even all that stylish given how many other sport wagons and sedans are out there now. It looks like any other car.

Whatever Subie thinks they're doing to this car I really hope the enthusiast community speaks up and says "ummm....excuse me....could you put it back the way it was please? kthx."

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/04/05/new- ... the-stage/ has footage of the actual unveiling at the auto show. The spokesman couldn't even sound excited about it. Very very sad.
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

smaller brakes, same crappy tires, smaller TMIC. the interior is nice and the hood scoop is well integrated, but overall I give it :notcool: :notcool:
jamapor
I'm a n000b

Post by jamapor »

Bad things:

Grille - Reminds me of a damn Cadillac
Tail lights - What is with those damn mini-bubbles? Rice much?
Exhaust - Dual-tip?!?! W-T-F
Overall Look - Oddly similar to:
http://www.toyota.com/matrix/exterior.html

Good things:
:?: *Crickets*

SCARY. Some designer at Subaru should be shot.
----
Jacob

2002 Subaru WRX
WRB Sedan
17x8 Rota Torques/Pirelli PZero Nero Tires
Stock... for now
Cereb Daithi
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Cereb Daithi »

did some more staring this morning after i woke up to look at it fresh again. I've come to the conclusion that it is a failry nice looking car..but a horrible looking subaru impreza. If it wasn't called an impreza I might just like it. As it stands.. it's just not what I think of when I think "rally car heritage"..

granted I can't wait to see what Prodrive does to it for the WRC car.. It might look pretty crazy with a wide-body kit... or maybe it wont. Hopefully the subaru community will figure out some ways of making the car look hot. Of course i guess that is dependent on the subaru mod community actually BUYING the new impreza.

As far as sales go. Who knows what'll happen. I know that sales from the subaru mod community will drop. But that isnt who they were targeting. We might see their sales go through the roof from old people or something. god i hope that doesnt happen
GaToR
DCAWD Groupie

Post by GaToR »

Cereb Daithi wrote: As far as sales go. Who knows what'll happen. I know that sales from the subaru mod community will drop. But that isnt who they were targeting. We might see their sales go through the roof from old people or something. god i hope that doesnt happen
As far as sales go, I think any surge will come from the under-30 group, including a much higher percentage of women, who are non-tuners but like a good drive. I have 2 friends my age, one girl and one guy, in the market for a new car.

They both want roughly the same things: decent power, moderate fuel efficiency, good relibility and safety, well-designed interior in the low $20K range.

Well all that stuff basically screams Subaru, and you'd think I'd be able to talk them into an Impreza, except non-enthusiasts do not like the aggressive styling at all.

And voila. My sales pitches to convert a few more Suby-haters to Suby-lovers may actually work with a more mellow Impreza. I actually liked the '06 body style, but if this new design helps The Family grow, I'm all for it.
chicken n waffles

Post by chicken n waffles »

complacent wrote:not sure how i feel yet, i wanna see one in person first.

:shock:
+1

but so far...

-Ben
Cereb Daithi
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Cereb Daithi »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OG4MVdzhDSc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTEM3DQGRnM

From what that 2nd video shows... the interior looks pretty ugly to me. nice gauges though.

:notcool: :notcool:
hotsam
I'm starting to be a post wh0re

Post by hotsam »

Mr Kleen wrote:rebirth of a legend??? :rolllaugh: :rolllaugh: :rolllaugh: :rolllaugh:
Looks more like afterbirth to me.
HappyIdiot
DCAWD Groupie

Post by HappyIdiot »

All I can say is ewww. That thing is so horrible. I feel ashamed now
My Name is Adam.