Black Satin (spray or spread)

Audi too loud or not loud enough?

Moderator: Moderators

Osiros
DCAWD Groupie

Black Satin (spray or spread)

Post by Osiros »

Quick question,

Getting ready to pick up a can of teh Black Satin for the DP and everything I've read in the forums talks about spraying it on. However, all of the pictures show a can of it that looks like it's something you spread on with a brush or something.

Am I looking at the right thing? The link I followed was http://www.caswellplating.com/aids/techline/.
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Yep, that's the one you want :)

I've always just brushed mine on with a disposable brush and then baked them in my grill... works like a charm :) Couple of notes: Make sure to wear gloves and a mask. Get several brushes, BS will eat through the cheap ones after about 20 minutes...
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
Osiros
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Osiros »

Holy hell - should I get a biohazard suit too?

Don't have a grill - everything I've read says that the heat of the exhaust should take care of any cooking that it needs. Should I figure out a way to grill it anyway?
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

The head from headers and a UP will definitely cook it, but for a DP throw it in your oven at as high as it will go for an hour. Make sure to put down aluminum foil so none of the BS gets on your oven...

Yes, it is that toxic ;) It contains lead and other nice things...
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
Libra Monkee

Post by Libra Monkee »

Sabre wrote:Yes, it is that toxic ;) It contains lead and other nice things...
Yeah, so don't eat it.

I'm trying to think, when I did mine I just sprayed on a nice think coating, let it dry, then sprayed in all of the parts I missed. I wanted to do a second coating but I think the directions said not to so. However, when I look at my DP now it doesn't look like there's any Black Satin left on it.

Could it have all burned off?

Libra Monkee- "Helping DCAWD meet its Equal Opportunity requirement since 2006."
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

/cough spray wrap spray /cough