intake

Looking for something? Throw it in here!

Moderator: Moderators

drwrx
DCAWD Founding Member

intake

Post by drwrx »

If anyone comes across a decent intake (K&N, SPT, Injen, even a CAI), let me know, I'm thinking of making a change.
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

70 mm APS CAI?

We should have put that on before your re-map. All the same work whith the added voltage headroom.
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

I have my GodSpeed intake which I loved... but can't use with my FMIC :(
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
drwrx
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by drwrx »

zaxrex wrote:70 mm APS CAI? We should have put that on before your re-map. All the same work whith the added voltage headroom.
That would deffinately require a re-map of the MAF sensor at the least. That is an area I'm not that savvy about. Also what price? They retail for like $250+ If you feel like experimenting, we could get a laptop and load up ECUflash or Enginutiy with some logging software like ECUexplorer and give it a try.
Sabre wrote:I have my GodSpeed intake which I loved... but can't use with my FMIC :(
Did you ever have any issues with your MAF sensor with that intake?
The reason I ask is that my current intake (GPMoto) is throwing off my MAF sensor and leaning me out, and I know the SPT, K&N and the Injen don't.
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

drwrx wrote: If you feel like experimenting, we could get a laptop and load up ECUflash or Enginutiy with some logging software like ECUexplorer and give it a try.
Oh he|| no. I'm not even going to touch that. I just thought it was a shame that you spent all that time tuning for your injectors when this could have been thrown in and tuned for at the same time.

There is a whole long thread about BigMAFS development, scaling and such over at NASIOC. I read enough of it that I know I don't want to try it out without guidance.
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears
drwrx
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by drwrx »

zaxrex wrote:Oh he|| no. I'm not even going to touch that. I just thought it was a shame that you spent all that time tuning for your injectors when this could have been thrown in and tuned for at the same time.

There is a whole long thread about BigMAFS development, scaling and such over at NASIOC. I read enough of it that I know I don't want to try it out without guidance.
I read the same article and that was my feeling as well. MAF scaling is pretty complex. What we would likely have to do is bolt the stock intake back on. Do a number of runs and watch the maf readings through the entire RPM band. Then do the swap do a full pull (and hope to God nothing goes boom) and try to extrapolate the readings and try to make some educated adjustments.
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

drwrx wrote: Did you ever have any issues with your MAF sensor with that intake?
The reason I ask is that my current intake (GPMoto) is throwing off my MAF sensor and leaning me out, and I know the SPT, K&N and the Injen don't.
Nope, I never maxed my MAF sensor out with it. I ran it with my stock ECU for a long time and then with the Hydra. Both were fine with it :)
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
drwrx
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by drwrx »

What would you want for it?
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Find a price somewhere, knock a little off and make me an offer :) It's just collecting dust in my basement, haha.
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI