So Anyone Thinking of Join us in Autocrosses in '05?

Anything Autocross related

Moderator: Moderators

FT_SELGP
I'm a n000b

So Anyone Thinking of Join us in Autocrosses in '05?

Post by FT_SELGP »

Now that the '04 season is coming to a close, any of you thinking of joining the autocrosses next season?

If so, we can probably help in getting you started with the logistics, organization, things to be aware of, etc. (this is not about parts sales, don't confuse it please). We would be more than glad to help out; if you have questions or curious, let me know.

There are new car classes that may/will be available that will allow lower cost for competition; we can explain them and tell you what you can do or what the best class for you is :)

Start thinking :)
FT
ElZorro
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by ElZorro »

Yea, I'd like to chat with out about the Forester. :) The other one I've been pondering is trying out our Honda Civic Hybrid, just to say I've autox'd a hybrid. :)
Jason "El Zorro" Fox
'17 Subaru Forester 2.0XT
DCAWD - old coots in fast scoots.
WANGAN_X
DCAWD Groupie

Post by WANGAN_X »

i would like to know a little bit more about autox, and if there is any truth about them moving STi's and Evo's up in class, also i would like a little help with car setup if your willing
FT_SELGP
I'm a n000b

Post by FT_SELGP »

It would my pleasure to talk with you guys, and give some guidance. I think what we can do is setup a group talk during one of the meetings and try to cover all of the issues or questions that people might have.

The best way to "learn more about autocrosses" is to go to one and watch. Nothing will substitude that.

I generally do not recommend getting autocross driver training before doing 2 or 3 autocrosses. The techniques are better understood once you have done couple of events; and it is an on-ongoing learning of course.

STi and Evo classing issues will not be known for another 2 weeks or so. Last night SEB, the body that decideds the classing of vehicles, have met and prepared their recommendations for the board approval; so we'll know in couple of weeks.
FT
WANGAN_X
DCAWD Groupie

Post by WANGAN_X »

thanks FT, i will do my best to make on of your meets so we can do this, in the meantime i will be writing up a short list of q's (can't remember crap) :cry: i already auto x, but i am not the greatest, i don't get to do it often, i am usually only doing local auto x's but my buddy wants me to try some in manassas so i am expanding...

one big question... Do you feel that there is a large difference in professional track driving and auto xing?

reason i ask is me and a couple of friends are having an arguement about it
FT_SELGP
I'm a n000b

Post by FT_SELGP »

WANGAN_X wrote:thanks FT, i will do my best to make on of your meets so we can do this, in the meantime i will be writing up a short list of q's (can't remember crap) :cry: i already auto x, but i am not the greatest, i don't get to do it often, i am usually only doing local auto x's but my buddy wants me to try some in manassas so i am expanding...

one big question... Do you feel that there is a large difference in professional track driving and auto xing?

reason i ask is me and a couple of friends are having an arguement about it
It is really my pleasure. Writing the questions down is a good idea :)

Professional track driving and autoxing are very different in terms of driving technique and car setup. Track drivers usually don't make good autocrossers, but good autocrossers make great track drivers ;)

Jakie Stewart is known to have said that he thought autocrossing was one of the most difficult forms of motorsports; because the driver never knows the track before hand, it changes every time, and there is no way to have a perfect car setup. I cannot agree more ;)
FT
ButtDyno
I walk to work

Post by ButtDyno »

Has anyone tried to run an FXT at an SCCA event? I am wondering if they would let you.. I know they're just Imprezas and all, but safety directors often err on the side of safety.

john
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

I'll definitely be there next season :) It's a little daunting because I'll be running in the modified class, but we'll see how I do :)
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
mtnbkrpnk
I'm a n000b

Post by mtnbkrpnk »

I might be able to run a few events this year with the SRT... :D
complacent
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by complacent »

I need to read more about class requirements... Damn my modding addiction...

Don't feel bad Julian, I would be in the same class (yikes)

Colin
ButtDyno
I walk to work

Post by ButtDyno »

bluscooby23 wrote:I need to read more about class requirements... Damn my modding addiction...

Colin
:lol: Welcome to SM!

Don't worry, the stripped M3's, crazy Mustangs and Jack's Evo aren't THAT fast..

john
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

ButtDyno wrote:
bluscooby23 wrote:I need to read more about class requirements... Damn my modding addiction...

Colin
:lol: Welcome to SM!

Don't worry, the stripped M3's, crazy Mustangs and Jack's Evo aren't THAT fast..

john
Now there is a vote of confidence!
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
WANGAN_X
DCAWD Groupie

Post by WANGAN_X »

yup i am in SM too :( i got straight up embarassed last weekend, i could be in ESP but noooooooo i have a MBC dammit. :D

heres a vid

www.o5-outbreak.com/autoxevo.wmv

it is raw and unedited
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

WANGAN_X wrote:yup i am in SM too :( i got straight up embarassed last weekend, i could be in ESP but noooooooo i have a MBC dammit. :D

heres a vid

www.o5-outbreak.com/autoxevo.wmv

it is raw and unedited
Looking good man! Not too much wheel squeling :)
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
WANGAN_X
DCAWD Groupie

Post by WANGAN_X »

actually theres wasn't much squealing, but that was because there wasn't much grip in my tires :(

going hankook rs2's