sti/spt "blue" injectors?

UTEC/Hydra/MOTEC? STi, WRX, EVO, Legacy, R32? Come on in!

Moderator: Moderators

avriette
DCAWD Groupie

sti/spt "blue" injectors?

Post by avriette »

I had heard from NASIOC that the STI "pink" injectors flowed better than the stock ones I have on my 06 STI. This ad from subaru:

https://www.subarugenuineparts.com/prod ... ts_id=1066

claims that these injectors are "as good" as the "pinks". Is that the case? Does anyone know what these actually flow? If they're the same, is it possible to get them tuned (say, by RC Engineering or whoever) to flow more (so as to be used with an AP, etc)?
sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

Well, here is the thing. You can take your stock STi/XT injectors. Send them to www.boxer4racing.com + $219 and they will send back Perrin 800cc modified injectors (which is what I installed yesterday in my XT...thanks again Julian).

Best bang for the buck. If you still have to drive around w/ your stock injectors. You can buy some used ones...which I just happen to have an extra set for $100 and so you spend $319 for 800cc injectors while still having the ability to drive your STi while you are waiting for the new injectors.

So it is your choice: spend $219-$319 or spend $500-$800 for injectors.

I think the right choice is obvious.

PM, if you want more info.
2004 SG Model A PearlBlackObsidian (RIP)
2008 SG Model D BlueRallyWorld

"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story." -Barney Stinson
"Nothing shuts my pie-hole but pie." -Shawn Spencer
avriette
DCAWD Groupie

Post by avriette »

sirwilliam wrote:

I was wondering, actually, whether I could put higher-flowing injectors into the same housing as the stock injectors, so it wouldn't appear that anything had been changed.
sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

avriette wrote:
sirwilliam wrote:

I was wondering, actually, whether I could put higher-flowing injectors into the same housing as the stock injectors, so it wouldn't appear that anything had been changed.
Well, you send your stock injectors (or another set of stock injectors) out to get modified. Yes, you have the stock injector housing but they are flowing much more...so in actuality they have been changed.

Wait, in housing do you mean where they seat in the engine block? :?

"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story." -Barney Stinson
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

The modified (Perrin) injectors are just stock injectors that have had their screens removed from the bottom of the injector. The WRX injectors were fairly easy to modify yourself, but the STI ones are unfortunately not :(

Except for the flow (which goes from the 500's to the 800's), there is no difference between the modified ones and the stock ones.

FYI: The injectors you linked to above are top feed injectors, which are WRX specific. The STI uses side feed injectors, so those blue ones would not fit in the STI.
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

The new top-feed injectors from subaru do flow about if not more than the STi "pinks".
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears
sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

zaxrex wrote:The new top-feed injectors from subaru do flow about if not more than the STi "pinks".
I heard the new top feed injectors flow 650cc vs. the old top feeds that did 550cc. Anyone else hear this or have proof?

zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

Mebby, Hneah Linky stinky
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears
sirwilliam
Resident Poop Expert

Post by sirwilliam »

zaxrex wrote:Mebby, Hneah Linky stinky
So that one is MythBusted!!! :lol: