WOO

Audi too loud or not loud enough?

Moderator: Moderators

Cereb Daithi
DCAWD Groupie

WOO

Post by Cereb Daithi »

so a buddy of mine who moved to VA (near DC) had a 3" catback on his 02 WRX.... he recently was fined in VA for it being too loud. i guess instead of trying to sell it in a state that doesnt allow it...(or something) he is giving it to me for free providing i pick it up or pay shipping.. the pa dB limit is like 140 or something. so i have no worries

just got off the phone with my friend who works at an automotive supply store and said he'd slip the catback in with one of their supply shipments.... also he offered to help me install it. 100% free 3" catback and its not stolen!!!

can you say OONTZ!!!?!?!

any things i should know about installing this? i already know since i have an AT i will notice a slight lag in shifting due to the backpressure issues with shifting.. but are there any "oh shit" things i need to be concerned about like buying extra gaskets or something?

im not sure what brand this is or if its a one or two piece. i know it isnt one of the big names... but it works and sounds great.

im happy.
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

catback install is teh EZ with jack stanz or lift. NoVA cops r h8rz!

too much coffie this morning.
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Ya, it's a very easy and quick install :) Congrats man!!!!
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
Cereb Daithi
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Cereb Daithi »

here's the exhaust (still on the WRX). It just came off today and was replaced by an STi exhaust.

any of you NoVA guys can now probably see why he got a ticket

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frHYrlNBxAc
Cereb Daithi
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Cereb Daithi »

installing tomorrow! wish me luck. hopefully it all goes down without a hitch
snaab
DCAWD Groupie

Post by snaab »

Cereb Daithi wrote:here's the exhaust (still on the WRX). It just came off today and was replaced by an STi exhaust.

any of you NoVA guys can now probably see why he got a ticket

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frHYrlNBxAc
Holy crap, that sounds loud! It makes it sound like an eight cylinder or something even.
RJ
'13 Mazda3
Cereb Daithi
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Cereb Daithi »

hell yeah. thats why im so damn excited about this. as far as i know its a no-name brand....
Cereb Daithi
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Cereb Daithi »

total....failure....

turns out an 02 WRX looks nothing like an 05 RS underneith....flange is different. bend is different..... nothing worked.. only thing that lined up were the hangers.. what a tremendous disppointment..

had the whole exhaust system taken off from the cat down... tried to bolt it in..no-go. so now its sitting in my garage.

anyone interested in a Catback exhaust for a bugeye WRX? it sounds incredible. 3" with a 4" tip. it might fit 04-05 WRX's but i cant be 100% positive. check the video for sound..

im now taking offers on this system. i've decided im not gona go for an STi anytime soon so im just gona turbo the RS and have my fun.
schvin
DCAWD Groupie

Post by schvin »

=/

bummer, dude.
2004 impreza outback
1964 beetle
Cereb Daithi
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Cereb Daithi »

here is a pic of the failed work in progress...

one upside to tonight. i feel a sense of accomplishment. i took a buddy who was helping me with the exhaust for a ride in the RS since he had never ridden in a subar before. now i know im an agressive backroads driver and ...not to sound too egotistical... i think im rather good at it after some years of practice. well a little backstory on my friend... he drives a souped up monte carlo, works with cars for a living, used to drive in demolition derbys, and i believe he had some other racing experience as well.

i managed to get him holding onto the overhead handle, both feet pressed against the front, and he kept repeating "oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit ohshit ohshitohshitoshitohshit" faster and faster. it wasnt because we were sliding around dangerously.. the one turn, i hit so fast you could feel your face being pushed to the side from the G-Forces. after we got out of the "stage" he looked over at me and said "congrats. you are the only person to have ever managed to give me butterflys like that. that was fun as hell"

that was the moment when i realized i dont need an STi. so im keeping the rs for now and just putting a few minor mods on it. i'm selling the catback that didnt fit. check the for-sale threads for that. and im looking for suggestions on what to do with it next. check the misc/other thread for that.
Cereb Daithi
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Cereb Daithi »

Can anyone refer me to a dealer that sells Pro 1 exhausts?
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

lol, nice story on the ride you gave your friend!

Don't know where you can get that exhaust locally... I'd just go to froogle :)
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
Cereb Daithi
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Cereb Daithi »

no luck wiht froogle. why did that company have to adopt such a stupid generic name