2006 Subaru Challenge

Anything Autocross related

Moderator: Moderators

Katya4me
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Katya4me »

Are any of you guys current SCCA members?
WRXWagon2112
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by WRXWagon2112 »

Not I. :(

--Alan
Katya4me
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Katya4me »

moxnix wrote: Anyone have a set of 17"x7" rims w/ a 55 offset we could "borrow" for the weekend? Shawn's got tires to fit, but no rims w/ a 5x100 bolt pattern. TIA

They can actually be anywhere between 49-61 offset 17"x7" assuming they would fit a stock 06 WRX with 235/40/17 tires.

Also if you are running a class that lets you use R compounds (not ST classes) that is not running the same heat as DS you can borrow my tires on your rims.
Bump
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

I'm no longer an SCCA member.

I have my winter tires mounted on some heavy-ass P-7s that I'm not using. You want to put my tires back on afterwards, you are welcome to them. If you can use 17X7.5, I would have something else that we could talk about.
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears
moxnix
Tricycle

Post by moxnix »

Can't use the 17x7.5"

What is the offset on the P7's? 52mm?
How heavy are they? 22.4 lbs?
Are you the same person that offered the P7's to saint_foo on nasioc?
I Have no problem putting your tires back on after using them.
Could you bring them to the DCAWD D&B meet tomorrow?

Shawn
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

Yeah, just left a message on Eds phone. I am the same guy from NASIOC. The SSRs are 17X7.5. The P-7s are a 52 offset I think and are 22-23lbs each.

I'll drive the Saab and throw in the P-7s and bring them to the meet just in case.
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears
moxnix
Tricycle

Post by moxnix »

Thanks just wanted to make sure since Ed ended up asking for me also anyway :D

Yeah bring them. I admit I am still looking for lighter weight ones if I can find them but sometimes beggers can't be choosers.
GeneralGrievous
I'm starting to be a post wh0re

Post by GeneralGrievous »

Just back from the Suby Challenge and it was a good time!!! Minus of course the at times driving rain and standing water in the first two heats (sorry Zak and Alan) :( ... I did get to work Alan's heat and tape two of Zak's runs which was fun.

I lucked out and by the time I was running it could almost be described as "partly sunny". Thanks to Katie for hooking me up with Marshall for a ride along and he must be a super nice guy since he said "nice, clean run".
Times...60.sumthin (off course), 55.sumthin, 53.884, 53.885. Way off the pace (fastest time was like 45) but I had a blast (as always) and each time I go I feel a little bit more in control and comfortable. Too bad its not a year round thing :evil: ....
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

You were 3 sec slower than the best run in heat 1. It is going to be verrry depressing when the results are posted.
MTBGAEL
I'm a n000b

Post by MTBGAEL »

I was less than a second off of FTD....until the fourth run group....in a DS car... :D Fastest dry time was a 47.0...wet 48.1

Glad everyone that came out had fun, despite the rain! ...which in itself can make driving quite fun :wink:
2006 WRX OBP - Ugly - #6 D-Stock
1988 Toyota Celica Alltrac- Would be pretty if it were one color
1995 Dodge Neon- Rod Knock
Katya4me
DCAWD Groupie

Post by Katya4me »

zaxrex wrote:You were 3 sec slower than the best run in heat 1. It is going to be verrry depressing when the results are posted.
Shawn beat my raw times in a DS WRX and I was in an AS STi in the same heat. :( But, oh that STi was fun. :D
WDCR Solo Committee Member
WRXWagon2112
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by WRXWagon2112 »

I feel really bad for Zak as he was in the first heat - lots o' rain to contend with.

I was in the second heat so I just had to deal with a wet surface but no rain.

Third heat had a semi-dry to completely dry surface.

Fourth heat had the best conditions.

Considering the varying conditions, I'm still happy with my best raw time. I just really want to see my official times. I don't think I hit any cones but I know I came real close a couple times.

FWIW, here are my raw times:
60.2somethingsomething
57.39something

...with plenty of sliding and hard breaking. I have really got to smooth out my driving style. Maybe it's time for an Evolution Driving School class ...

At any rate, that was a LOT of fun! Glad to see so many familiar faces - saint_foo, acquacow, Katya4me, Sean, GeneralGrevious, zakrex (and brother), 2WDrift, TurboJon, ButtDyno - and to meet new people - Harry, three guys from Don Beyer, Jackie (parts girl) from Annapolis Subaru, ButtDyno's co-driver (can't remember his name).

I learned the importance of getting a pop-up canopy. Several people there gave good leads for cheap ones: PepBoys for $30-$40 or Dick's for $60. Maybe DCAWD "needs" one for events? 8)

--Alan
moxnix
Tricycle

Post by moxnix »

Third heat was never what I would call completely dry.

My times improved a good bit between my last run of the 3rd heat and in the super challenge and I think that was just the drying course.
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

WRXWagon2112 wrote: I learned the importance of getting a pop-up canopy. Several people there gave good leads for cheap ones: PepBoys for $30-$40 or Dick's for $60. Maybe DCAWD "needs" one for events? 8)

--Alan
lol, that's pretty funny... I was in Target and saw one for 20$ that I thought about picking up. Maybe I'll go back and grab it :)
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

Ahem, shouldn't you clear that purchase plan with the treasurer first:?: There has got to be a requisition form that needs to be filled out or something. Oh wait, that is at work...
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

lol, I was just going to buy it and donate it ;)
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
WRXWagon2112
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by WRXWagon2112 »

Here's what Dick's has (that seems reasonable)... (btw, the pics are links)

Quest® 10' x 10' for $60

Quest® 12' x 12' for $100

and don't forget the weight packs to keep it in place ...
Four-pack for $30

--Alan
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Looks like Walmart has them too. The 12x12 is 90$ there. We could easily use this for the AutoX and BBQ meets too.... hmmm...
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
WRXWagon2112
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by WRXWagon2112 »

sabre wrote:We could easily use this for the AutoX and BBQ meets too.... hmmm...
Exactly what I was thinking. 8)

--Alan
GeneralGrievous

We're big fans of ours.. and to think I almost left without it Friday evening. My 1 1/2 would have been some incredibly unhappy individuals!
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Lookie how much I suxors

Post by zaxrex »

http://www.subaruchallenge.com/06Result ... en_pax.htm
http://www.subaruchallenge.com/06Result ... en_fin.htm

My own damned rookie brother beat me in PAX:x Hell, Katie's brother beat me in an old '99 NA Forrester straigh up! :o
Katya4me
DCAWD Groupie

Re: Lookie how much I suxors

Post by Katya4me »

zaxrex wrote:http://www.subaruchallenge.com/06Result ... en_pax.htm
http://www.subaruchallenge.com/06Result ... en_fin.htm

My own damned rookie brother beat me in PAX:x Hell, Katie's brother beat me in an old '99 NA Forrester straigh up! :o
Don't feel too bad, he ran in 4th heat on a dry surface. :)
GeneralGrievous

<----75th due to dry 4th heat pavement as well.... I most likely would've had 4 dnf's if I had run when you did Zak (those damn wipers!)
WRXWagon2112
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by WRXWagon2112 »

Hmmm ... not feeling quite so bad now. I was 8th out of 15 in my class (STX) and 64th out of 115 in the overall standings. Not bad for a first time I think? 8)

Congrats to Keefe, Shawn, Katie, John (ButtDyno), Ed (saint_foo), Gary (2WDrift), David (GeneralGrievous), Patrick (Katie's brother), Dave (AcquaCow), Mary (Katie's mom), Joel (Zak's brother), and Zak (zaxrex).

I'm looking forward to the next event!

--Alan
MTBGAEL
I'm a n000b

Post by MTBGAEL »

Just to show the awesomeness of nationals:
I won DS and was 8th pax at the challenge...

...and got 28th of 39 in DS at Nationals :lol:
2006 WRX OBP - Ugly - #6 D-Stock
1988 Toyota Celica Alltrac- Would be pretty if it were one color
1995 Dodge Neon- Rod Knock