Chik-Fil-A Meet near Dulles Town Center Friday, 8/18/2006

Meets/events for other car clubs in the area

Moderator: Moderators

MrC@ptuning.com
Unicycle

Chik-Fil-A Meet near Dulles Town Center Friday, 8/18/2006

Post by MrC@ptuning.com »

Just seeing if anyone was going to the Chik-Fil-A Meet Tonight. We'll be bringing out our Ptuning Turbo Tc we built for Scion Corporation. The Tc is only here till Monday before Scion sends off to The Toyota/Scion Dealer convention in Texas. We thought we let everyone see one of our many project cars.

Cuong
PTUNING.COM
9432 Center Point Lane
Manassas, VA 20110

Phone: 703-257-1728
Toll Free: 1-877-788-6464
Web: Ptuning.com
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

damn, missed this post. where can I send my room mate (and tC owner) to see this car before it's gone?
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

Dude and I are gonna swing by and check out the tC and the old shop this afternoon. looking forward to meeting you guys. 8)

gonna move this to "other meets"
MrC@ptuning.com
Unicycle

Mr Kleen wrote:Dude and I are gonna swing by and check out the tC and the old shop this afternoon. looking forward to meeting you guys. 8)

gonna move this to "other meets"
Mr K,

The Ptuning Tc will be at our shop this Saturday. Scion is going to send a flatbed to haul it back to the Baltimore corporate office on Monday. And next week, it's going to a Toyota/Scion dealer convention in San Antonio, TX.

On Sunday, Sept. 10, Scion is holding a "Bounty Hunter" event. It's basically a 4-state wide scavenger hunt, the top price is $10,000. We we're invited to attend the event, we will display the Ptuning Tc, and our project Xb at our booth. So if you're friend is interested in attending this event in Maryland, here's the link:http://www.scionevolution.org/forum/vie ... ter#158391

Here's the info on Scion website: http://www.scion.com/bountyhunters/

Look forward to meeting you guys. Here's some pics of the tc at the last SEMA IAS in PA:

PTUNING.COM
9432 Center Point Lane
Manassas, VA 20110

Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

yup, that's what it looked like. :wink: you didn't show off the trick stereo setup. very nice tC.

great visit, thanks for the hospitality. now about lending me that Sparco seat to "test" for you guys... :mrgreen:
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

I'm just seeing this now :( Sounds like atleast Gabe (Mr. K) made it! Thanks for posting it up, looks like a sick tC!
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

we stopped by the shop on Saturday afternoon and had a great visit. some nice work on the tC and the two EVOs that were there.
spazegun2213
teh Spaz

Post by spazegun2213 »

Mr Kleen wrote:we stopped by the shop on Saturday afternoon and had a great visit. some nice work on the tC and the two EVOs that were there.
i saw both Tc's and a bunch of evo's friday night. I also talked with MrC. and his brother for about an hour! After that I'm set on that shop being the end all for installs. They will also have a good selection of parts and may do other really really cool stuff.

I know I'll be there all the time. hmm maybe i should get a part time job there? you all looking for installers, lol?
96 328, heated leather seats... ummm

Gone But not forgotten
'05 Black Sti, the car that started it all
84 944, my first race car.. what a pos
83 944.. 150hp of FURY, Rookie of the year chariot
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

hey Ross, you already have a job that affords you an STi and a 944 race car! leave this installer job for one of us little guys. :wink:

so about this installer position...:lol:
spazegun2213
teh Spaz

Post by spazegun2213 »

Mr Kleen wrote:hey Ross, you already have a job that affords you an STi and a 944 race car! leave this installer job for one of us little guys. :wink:

so about this installer position...:lol:
:rolllaugh: :rolllaugh: :rolllaugh: :rolllaugh:

Gone But not forgotten
MrC@ptuning.com
Unicycle

Installer?...hum maybe, how about track-side support team? We are very interested in pursuing the Redline Time Attack event for next season. Does anyone know how many members here have participated in the previous time attack (mainly Summit Points)?

For next season, we will try to put together a Ptuning-sponsored team for the time attack event at summit points. We would be interested in sponsoring a few experience members with a competitive car in their respective class. We will work on the sponsorship details later, but it will/may include, covering entry fee, track-side support, additional discounts on parts & labor.

We are not into building a car and hiring a professional driver. We want to be the underdog by helping our customers make their everyday driver as competitive as possible, while still being streetable. With any road racing-type events, having a reliable car is key, a fast car that can only last a 1/4 mile before it overheats is not going to cut it.

Your club may be the few clubs out there that are not straight-line oriented. That's why i personally enjoy talking to everyone here. Don't get me wrong, having a 10000000hp 4-banger is nice, but i can't take my kids to chuck-e-cheeses with it.

I will try to make the next meet and bring this up for discussion.
PTUNING.COM
9432 Center Point Lane
Manassas, VA 20110

Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

I'd be up for working as pit crew a few times a year. 8) I was going to help out Zak and Julian a couple weeks ago but a family emergency called me out of state. and of course, you know all about Ross's addiction by now. :wink:
spazegun2213
teh Spaz

Post by spazegun2213 »

MrC@ptuning.com wrote:Installer?...hum maybe, how about track-side support team? We are very interested in pursuing the Redline Time Attack event for next season. Does anyone know how many members here have participated in the previous time attack (mainly Summit Points)?

For next season, we will try to put together a Ptuning-sponsored team for the time attack event at summit points. We would be interested in sponsoring a few experience members with a competitive car in their respective class. We will work on the sponsorship details later, but it will/may include, covering entry fee, track-side support, additional discounts on parts & labor.

We are not into building a car and hiring a professional driver. We want to be the underdog by helping our customers make their everyday driver as competitive as possible, while still being streetable. With any road racing-type events, having a reliable car is key, a fast car that can only last a 1/4 mile before it overheats is not going to cut it.

Your club may be the few clubs out there that are not straight-line oriented. That's why i personally enjoy talking to everyone here. Don't get me wrong, having a 10000000hp 4-banger is nice, but i can't take my kids to chuck-e-cheeses with it.

I will try to make the next meet and bring this up for discussion.

WOW! well uhh if no one is going to volenteer their car, i would love to! I placed 3rd in the street AWD at beaverun with just a turbo back and springs :). The champ right now has a nice Evo II, tuned a little with a great driver.

If you want i can make up a short driving resume and email if to you. I would love to have a place like yours help me out. I would need to talk to GTworx but i dont think they would have a problem.

Gone But not forgotten
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

wasn't the winning EVO driven by a Japanese driver who was flown over for the Time Attack (aka: A Ringer)???
MrC@ptuning.com
Unicycle

Ross,

Bring your resume to the next meet and we'll talk. I haven't looked at the allowable mods for the redline street class, but do they allow coil-overs. If so you may want to bite the bullet and take it to the next level. At a minimum a "streetable" coil-overs. I've never been a big fan of coil overs for street use, but after ditching my tanabe GF springs for the tanabe Sevens, i'm able to push my car way beyond what i could have imagined with the lowering springs. The amount of body roll has reduced significantly and the sevens are definitely streetable (i can still drive my kids in comfort, without seeing them bounce up and down in the rear view mirror :)

What were the spring rates on those springs you told me about that gtworx was offering you?
PTUNING.COM
9432 Center Point Lane
Manassas, VA 20110

spazegun2213
teh Spaz

Post by spazegun2213 »

MrC@ptuning.com wrote:Ross,

Bring your resume to the next meet and we'll talk. I haven't looked at the allowable mods for the redline street class, but do they allow coil-overs. If so you may want to bite the bullet and take it to the next level. At a minimum a "streetable" coil-overs. I've never been a big fan of coil overs for street use, but after ditching my tanabe GF springs for the tanabe Sevens, i'm able to push my car way beyond what i could have imagined with the lowering springs. The amount of body roll has reduced significantly and the sevens are definitely streetable (i can still drive my kids in comfort, without seeing them bounce up and down in the rear view mirror :)

What were the spring rates on those springs you told me about that gtworx was offering you?
I'll have a resume by then :)

as for the springs I'll have to look them up.

as for coil overs i have been eyeing Ohilns, and KW variant 3's for a little while. But I'm aprehensive because of the cost (2K is more than i want to spend at the moment) and the ride.

For now the plan was beefy sways and those springs and see how i do from there. I also want new rubber soon, but we'll see if i need it or not.
Last edited by spazegun2213 on Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gone But not forgotten
zaxrex
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by zaxrex »

I drove Summit Point for the HPDE, not the actual competition.
I did a straight line through a turn when my tires & rear brake lines decided to give up. I was that fastest man in the grass that day!

Does that count?
Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears
MrC@ptuning.com
Unicycle

zaxrex wrote:I drove Summit Point for the HPDE, not the actual competition.
I did a straight line through a turn when my tires & rear brake lines decided to give up. I was that fastest man in the grass that day!

Does that count?
We all know it takes more skill to drive fast on the grass than it does on dry pavement. I'll put you on the top of our recruit list :D
PTUNING.COM
9432 Center Point Lane
Manassas, VA 20110

spazegun2213
teh Spaz

Post by spazegun2213 »

zaxrex wrote:... fastest man in the grass ...
I think we have a new title... or at least a quote.

Gone But not forgotten
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

spazegun2213 wrote:
zaxrex wrote:... fastest man in the grass ...
I think we have a new title... or at least a quote.
Added to the quotes page!
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.