Finally...

Audi too loud or not loud enough?

Moderator: Moderators

Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Finally...

Post by Mr Kleen »

the Bosal UP, DP, and new gaskets should be here today! 8)

the UP has a heat shield welded on (looks like there's a cat in there :wink:) but the DP is bare. should I wrap the DP? may be a moot point if I can't find header wrap locally for a decent price... other than the new gaskets, what else should I have on hand?

now the big question is: is there anyone out there with UP/DP install experience and the hardware to help a brother out???

and on a side note, I'll be in the market for a good used cat back exhaust now.
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Let me know when and I'll bring tools and hands. I've done both the UP and the DP on my STI. I didn't wrap the DP, although if you get a chance, it's can hurt anything. The most important part to wrap is of course the part closes to the turbo :)
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
ElZorro
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by ElZorro »

I've helped do an UP and a DP on an STi... :) Happy to lend a hand.
Jason "El Zorro" Fox
'17 Subaru Forester 2.0XT
DCAWD - old coots in fast scoots.
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

ElZorro wrote:I've helped do an UP and a DP on an STi... :) Happy to lend a hand.
Ya, he's good at holding the wrench....

hahahaha
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Good choice putting $4,000 rims on your 1990 Honda Civic. That's like Betty White going out and getting her tits done.
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

the biggest thing I need is jack stands and a place to work on the car. even if I could work on it in the parking lot of my apartment building, the lot is on serious slope...

thanks for the offers, hopefully I'll be taking you up on it this weekend. can't wait to get home tonight! I'd love to be albe to do it Saturday morning in time to hit the mega-meet Saturday night. 8)
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

I won't be in DC till around noon on Saturday :/
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

I have the pipes and new gaskets, now I just have to figure out where to install them. I tried to give Henry a call but he's booked this weekend. I'm desperate... :oops:
ElZorro
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by ElZorro »

I'd offer my parking garage but they don't allow car work...
Jason "El Zorro" Fox
'17 Subaru Forester 2.0XT
DCAWD - old coots in fast scoots.
AJ711
Bicycle

Post by AJ711 »

And I'd offer my garage, but it is currently filled with boxes of not-my-stuff until my temporary roomy moves to a place of his own.

Next time, most definitely, especially if I don't have plans of my own for the weekend.

AJ
Cage: '98 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS, caged Uncaged: '05 Suzuki SV650S
'03 Forester XS, Team Grocery Getter
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

thanks guys, I may end up waiting until next weekend anyway... the bright side is that my accessport will be in Monday (and SubyDude didn't include the CEL fix like the invoice stated). 8)
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

NO EXHAUST FOR YOU!

the guy flaked on me (again). :cry: I need a place to work on my car, and I'll do the damn install myself. I hate living in an apartment. maybe next weekend...

/endrant
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

I may be ale to help this coming weekend :)
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

the guy claims that he'll do it next Saturday for sure, but if I can find a place to work...

going to attempt the axel back here in about 15 minutes, if I can work up the energy. :lol:
drwrx
DCAWD Founding Member

Re: Finally...

Post by drwrx »

[quote="should I wrap the DP? [/quote]

If your looking to keep heat in the pipe and out of the engine bay, one way is to coat it with "black satin" There are lots of places that sell it ready to spray. www.speedwaymotors.com has it for $20. VDT makes a ceramic heat paint that will also work but I doubt it will be as good as the black satin. You could wrap it as well, but htere are lots who will say that wrapping a dp is a bad idea.

Your going to need to hide that dp now, as well as do a fix for your cat inefficiency CEL.
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

AP will supress the CEL, but first I have to figure out how to get the UP/DP installed... :roll: one of the things I miss about KY, plenty of space to work on your car.
Sabre
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Sabre »

Mr Kleen wrote:AP will supress the CEL, but first I have to figure out how to get the UP/DP installed... :roll: one of the things I miss about KY, plenty of space to work on your car.
So you're saying KY (jelly) helps you work on a car? Ewww....

BTW, I might be albe to help you this weekend if you want. If you have a place to work, just let me know :)
Sabre (Julian)
92.5% Stock 04 STI
Mr Kleen
DCAWD Founding Member

Post by Mr Kleen »

no, I'm saying that when I lived in KY (the postal abreviation for Kentucky) I didn't have a real problem finding a place to work on my car. the land of the shade tree mechanic... if I had a place to work on it, I would have already tried to do it myself. :x thanks for the offers, maybe I can find a spot and then I'll take you up on it. isn't going to happen until I get back from Vancouver now.